Community Outreach Coordinator Volunteer
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Community Outreach Coordinators oversee the planning and implementation of outreach strategies.
We are searching for a talented and professional Community Outreach Coordinator to maintain all community outreach activities. You will represent the organization and work with the board of directors to develop and implement initiatives that increase the organization's visibility within the surrounding community.
You need to be self-motivated, enthusiastic and community-driven to take on this exciting role. This position requires someone equipped with a positive attitude and readiness to be a team player.
Position can be used for college credits, resume building. If you are retired why not give your talents and skills and your experience to continue to do good!
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances, and other communication opportunities.
- Nurture new and old relationships with collaborative partners.
- Schedule regular outreach exhibitions in the community and educate the community.
- Assist in the organization of special events, including donor/volunteer appreciation events
- A degree in communications, marketing, social work or related fields or field experience,
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Experience preparing reports.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
Visit our website at harmonycafeli.org. Please email resume and short cover letter or bioThank you
About Harmony cafe
PO Box 3041, Patchogue, NY 11772, US
Our Mission is to increase food security and build healthier communities by offering high-quality, locally sourced, nutritious and affordable meals through a donation model. Our Vision: Harmony Cafe envisions a community where everyone has easy access to healthy, nutritious food and can live their lives with dignity and respect, regardless of their circumstances.
The Change... Community-based solutions to reduce food insecurity, isolation and empowerment through education.
Innovation.... a donate based nonprofit community café that allows guests to set their own prices for a nutritious meal. Regardless of the ability to give, all guests receive a meal. Our meal events attract a diverse population of guests. Guests that pay less will not be distinguished from guests that pay full price. This gives a dignity dining experience free of judgment and stigma.
Community: Our café is open to everyone in the community. Our meals are not branded as a charity. The model is designed to bring people together from all socioeconomic backgrounds. If gives a sense of community because by dining with us, you are part of the community. We don’t have to be separated because of our differences; we need to be united because of them.
Our History. Since April of 2016, the harmony café has been serving the community. We have served over 1400 hot nutritious meals by using VFW hall as the venue space. Our vision is to raise enough funds to obtain a storefront café that will be open to the public on a regular basis. Harmony café is operated fully by all volunteers.
We'll work with your schedule.
157 North Ocean Avenue, Patchogue, NY 11772PatchoguePatchogue, NY 11772
- Teaching / Instruction
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 21
- The commitment is 5 to 8 hours per month
- A passion to educate our community about our mission and get people engaged in our organization. Must know our mission and the nonprofit community cafe model.