2 people are interested
Board of Directors, Membership Chair
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
The Membership Committee Chair of the Board of Directors is an essential part of our service to Chapter members and outreach to the greater community. The Willis Linn Jepson Chapter serves the 107 members of the California Native Plant Society (CNPS) that reside in Solano County. The Membership Chair operates at the direction of an all-volunteer Board of Directors. Responsibilities of the Membership Committee Chair are as follows:
- Monitor monthly membership reports from the State Office.
- Contact new members to welcome them and provide introductory information.
- Contact members whose membership has lapsed to ask them if they are interested in renewing and how the Chapter can better serve them.
- Attend outreach events (typically 4 per year) to promote membership in the California Native Plant Society.
- Maintain supplies of outreach materials for the organization (supplied by the State office) that are used to promote membership.
- Attend quarterly meetings of the Board of Directors held in the evening in Fairfield.
Volunteers can start by serving as Membership Committee Co-Chair for the first several months while receiving training from the Board members. Volunteer hours are estimated by 60 to 80 hours annually.
About CALIFORNIA NATIVE PLANT SOCIETY - Willis Linn Jepson Chapter
PO Box 1091, Benicia, CA 94510, US
The mission of CNPS is to conserve California native plants and their natural habitats, and increase understanding, appreciation, and horticultural use of native plants. Our vision includes a future where: ... CNPS's leadership influences personal ethics and actions, as well as public policy for native plant protection.
The California Native Plant Society (CNPS) is a statewide non-profit organization of amateurs and professionals with a common interest in California's native plants. Our nearly 10,000 members work to promote native plant appreciation, research, education, and conservation through our five statewide programs and 34 regional chapters in California. The Willis Linn Jepson Chapter is an all-volunteer organization that serves Society members who reside in Solano County. The groups meets a minimum of twice a year and typically offers several hikes or tours throughout the year at destinations that feature native plants. The Chapter has fall and spring plant sales that feature native plants grown at the its nursery in Vallejo. Proceeds from these plant sales support native plant conservation activities in Solano County.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 10, 2024
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 60 to 80 hours annually
- Volunteer should reside in or near Solano County and be willing to become a member of the Calif. Native Plant Society, a membership organization dedicated to the conservation of native plants.