Project Support Intern
1 person is interested
Do you want to work with a team of young philanthropists who are mobilizing resources and raising funds to support critical humanitarian needs? The Project Support Intern will work closely with our integrated Partner Solutions and Campaign Solutions Teams to support research, deliverable management and business development for a portfolio of nonprofit, corporate, and foundation clients.Responsibilities
Deliverable management and research, which may include activities such as:
- Prospect research and profile development for fundraising opportunities
- Producing benchmarking reports for corporate and nonprofit clients using a variety of databases
- Drafting client workshop materials, including presentations and activities as it relates to strategic planning and brand development
- Drafting client surveys, emails, and communications
- Editing documents to be delivered to clients
- Research on workplace giving strategies
Business development support:
- Provide research on key issues related to Corporate Social Responsibility, nonprofits, foundations and industry events and news
- Coordination of charity marketing materials and support for campaign event opportunities in the DC metro area
- Synthesize and analyze data from numerous sources
- Provide background research for a variety of internal projects
- Support projects that enhance the capabilities of the Partner Solutions and Campaign Engagement Team.
- Ensure internal client management databases and files are up to date
During the internship, the student will be exposed to aspects of international development through interaction with a variety of nonprofit, corporate and foundation contacts, which include some of the world’s leading humanitarian organizations. In addition, the intern will participate in integrated team meetings internally and select external client meetings.
Travel reimbursement and stipend may be offered depending on hours involved. Note the intern will be invited to make a presentation of his or her work to executive team members which will serve as a capstone, cumulative project for the internship.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should explain your interest, relevant experience/coursework and GPA. In the email subject line, put Project Support Intern.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Global Impact
1199 N Fairfax St, Suite 300, Alexandria, VA 22314, US
Global Impact builds partnerships and resources for the world’s most vulnerable people.
Global Impact works on charitable ventures to inspire greater giving. We serve as a trusted advisor, intermediary and implementing partner across the private, nonprofit and public sectors. Through these partnerships, we have raised nearly $2 billion for causes such as disaster relief and global development. Our expertise includes fundraising and partnerships, employee engagement and corporate social responsibility (CSR), and finance and business services. Learn more at charity.org.
1199 N Fairfax StSuite 300Alexandria, VA 22314
- Commitment of 20-36 hours per week (mutually agreed by Global Impact and intern). Spring semester is January-April, Summer semester is May-August, Fall semester is September-December (flexible).
- Student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, currently completing junior, or senior year, or a first year Master’s student, interest in international development, not-for-profit organizations with a global perspective or corporate social responsibility