Volunteer Needed - Irving Park
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Little City is dedicated to serving children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities by providing the best options and opportunities to live safely, learn continuously, explore creatively and work productively throughout their lifetime. By inspiring, advocating and pursuing success with passion and purpose, lives are changed through hope, happiness, and optimism.
Irving Park home, located in Roselle, is home to men of varying ages and are working on life skills and independence. They enjoy learning many new things and doing different activities.
Current Volunteer Needs:
☐Teaching an Exercise Class
☐Teaching a Cooking Class
- Training, orientation, and background check completed prior to first 10 volunteer hours completed.
- Prior experience working with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- A project/activity plan will be created by volunteer and Volunteer Services
- Minimum age is 21
- Minimum of 20 hours commitment to location and its population. This is crucial to the continuity and routine of our participants.
Available Time Slots:
Monday and Thursday| 4:00pm- 7:00pm Saturday | 10am-7pm
Interviews/Orientation will be held 9am-12pm and 3pm-6pm every second and fourth Monday each month to fulfill these positions for ongoing volunteerism.
About Little City
1760 W. Algonquin Road, Palatine, IL 60067, US
Little City engages and supports individuals, families and communities to ensure that children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities can realize their unique potential to live safely, learn continuously, explore creatively and work productively throughout thier lifetime.
Accredited by the prestigious CARF (Council on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities), Little City provides services for children and adults with disabilities include housing, employment, recreation, foster care, adoption, home-based support, media and studio arts, advocacy, public education and more.
220 W Irving Park RdRoselle, IL 60172
April 2, 2020
- Cooking / Catering
- Community Outreach
- Dance / Aerobics
- Fitness Instruction
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 20 hours commitment. Hours are at volunteer's discretion. Either weekday evenings for an hour or weekend days for an hour.