Become a Board Member
2 people are interested
Join the Down Syndrome Association of Los Angeles and Make a Difference in Your Community. We are currently seeking new members with a passion for DSALA's mission: to enhance the quality of life of individuals with Down syndrome by fostering family engagement, encouraging connections, and providing information while promoting inclusion, acceptance and awareness of individuals with Down syndrome. We are looking for committed candidates with expertise and knowledge in any of the following areas:
- Nonprofit Strategic Planning
- Nonprofit Fund Development
- Nonprofit Finance
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Knowledge of Developmental Disabilities
- And a Desire to Make an Impact
If this sounds like you, we'd like to hear from you.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Down Syndrome Association of Los Angeles
P.O. Box 2535, North Hills, CA 91393, US
The mission of the Down Syndrome Association of Los Angeles is to enhance the quality of life of individuals with Down syndrome by fostering family engagement, encouraging connections, and providing information while promoting inclusion, acceptance and awareness of individuals with Down syndrome.
For over 43 years the Down Syndrome Association of Los Angeles (DSALA), a non-profit organization, has been a resource center supporting individuals with Down syndrome and their families.
Our organization is a lifeline for new parents of children with Down syndrome. When they are facing dramatic and unexpected changes to their lives, we connect them to other families, and to community organizations that provide support, as well as vital information on educational, medical and community services.
We'll work with your schedule.
14445 Terra Bella StPanorama City, CA 91402
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Legal (General)
- Business Development
- Special Needs
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- *Serve a minimum of a one-year term. *Attend monthly Board meetings (typically held the third Tuesday of each month), in addition to special events throughout the year.
- Demonstrate an active interest in, or knowledge of, developmental disabilities.