Hospice companionship volunteer
2 people are interested
Hospice Companionship Volunteer:
- Offers various forms of assistance, comfort measure, supportive services, including reading to and writing for patient, sitting at bedside which may include during the dying process and respite for families.
- Assists patients and families to cope with problems of terminal illness and death; helps them to express feelings and concerns.
- Completes written reports of contact and submits to the volunteer coordinator in a timely fashion.
- Refers to volunteer coordinator any immediate needs, problems or concerns
- Attend on-going educations programs and peer support groups as requested
- Continues to provide emotional support to family during bereavement as appropriate or recommended bereavement follow up by others.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Abramson Senior Care Hospice
1425 Horsham Rd, North Wales, PA 19454, US
The mission of Abramson Hospice is to enhance the quality of life for those we serve through our dedication to excellence. We work to optimize comfort and dignity by providing exceptional individualized hospice care with services specially tailored to meet the needs of patients and their families. We believe that serving patients of all faiths in the community is an important endeavor.
Abramson Senior Care began providing hospice services to patients in 2008. Initially hospice services were only offered at the center located in North Wales PA. In 2012 Hospice services were expanded to patients within the five counties: Montgomery, Bucks, Philadelphia, Delaware and Chester.
Hospice provides support and care for persons in the last phases of an incurable disease so a person can live as fully and as comfortably as possible.
Hospice affirms life and neither hastens nor postpones death.
We provide state of the art care and supportive services to individuals (and their families) at the end of their lives 24 hours a day, 7 days a week , in both the homes and facility based care settings.
Physical, spiritual, social and emotional support are provided by a clinically directed team which includes volunteers.
We'll work with your schedule.
1425 Horsham RdNorth Wales, PA 19454
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours a week, although some patients are only seen once a month
- current PPD and flu shot, background check, child abuse clearance and driving record check.