5 people are interested
Come serve with the Lexington Rescue Mission in our kitchen. We need a regular volunteer 10-20 hours a week to help with meal prep and serving trays for our lunch meals. No experience necessary- just a willingness to learn! We need someone Friday mornings particularly, but any day Monday-Saturday from 8:30am-1pm is helpful!
About Lexington Rescue Mission
444 Glen Arvin Avenue, P.O. Box 1050, Lexington, KY 40588, US
We exist to serve and glorify God through a Christ-centered ministry that meets the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of hurting people in the greater Lexington area.
Lexington Rescue Mission works to restore hope and rebuild broken lives. We do this by reaching out to people who are living on the margins with vital relief efforts and helping them overcome their key obstacles to self-sufficiency and living a meaningful life.
In 2014, we:
- Served 42,006 meals to the hungry
- Provided 600 people with free clothing
- Assisted 56 people with transportation
- Provided 444 free medical visits for the uninsured
- Prevented 82 families from being evicted
- Prevented 80 families from having utilities shut off
- Provided transitional housing for 44 men and women
- Prepared 70 people for employment through Jobs for Life
- Provided 1,563 people wiith resource referral and case management
- Ministered to 1,135 people in chapel, small groups and pastoral care.
We'll work with your schedule.
444 Glen ArvinLexington, KY 40508
- Cooking / Catering
- Food Service
- 10-20 hours a week is preferable, possibly 5 hours/week