VITA Tax Preparer-Sarasota County
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program offers free federal tax return preparation to low-income families and individuals. During the 2019 Tax Season, United Way Suncoast and its partners completed over 19,000 tax returns. With sites spread across DeSoto, Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Sarasota counties, volunteers who serve as Tax Preparers are instrumental in the success of VITA each year. United Way Suncoast, our partners, and our dedicated volunteer coalition believe that households earning less than $66,000 in 2019 should not pay $200 or more for assistance completing their tax return. This is why we are determined to increase the number of Suncoast families that access a free and quality tax return through the VITA Program, and we need your help!
As a VITA Tax Preparer, you will help our families money by preparing their tax return for free: use client provided information to complete the return accurately, utilize IRS resources and site coordinator’s assistance to resolve issues, answer questions and communicate important information to the client, and maintain the integrity of the VITA program by following IRS standards.
Previous experience with VITA and/or tax preparation welcomed, but not required. You will receive free training to become an IRS-certified volunteer and make a huge difference in your community.
If you are interested in becoming a tax preparer, you can register directly using this link: https://forms.gle/ZerUQcgTwqRWZjRs7.
About United Way Suncoast
5201 West Kennedy Blvd, Suite 600, Tampa, FL 33609, US
To provide leadership that improves lives and creates lasting community change by mobilizing the caring people of our communities to give, advocate, and volunteer. Serves DeSoto, Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Sarasota Counties.
United Way Suncoast Strategic Plan is to " Break the cycle of generational poverty through educational programs that give children the skills to succeed and help adults achieve long-term financial stability so they can support themselves and their families."Working together with volunteers, agency partners, community leaders and key stakeholders, the plan focuses on three priority impact areas:
- Early Literacy - If a child isn’t reading at grade level by 4th grade, s/he is four times more likely to drop out of school.
- Youth Success - A child who doesn’t graduate from high school earns 75% less than peers who do.
- Financial Stability - Building financial knowledge and employability skills help create more stable and secure households and communities.
In addition, we will continue funding aligned Support Services (health, food, shelter, etc) to help hard working individuals and families move past immediate crisis that may prevent them from participating in United Way programs that address their long-term needs.
We'll work with your schedule.
1800 2nd StreetSuite 102Sarasota, FL 34236
- Tax Law
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- Financial Service Assistance
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- The exact amount time required depends on volunteer schedules and site location hours. Opportunities typically involve 4-hour commitments from mid-January through April.
- New volunteers will attend a local training to receive IRS-certification.