Events Coordinator Intern
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Harlem Film House Events Interns work closely with Executive Director in planning and managing nonprofit fundraising events with a focus on the Black Gold Annual Benefit.
10-15 hours a week, workload of the position is expected to fluctuate around key periods, but is often flexible for a candidate to choose their hours.
All interns will be trained and supervised by the Harlem Film House Team..
While the position is unpaid, interns have the opportunity to see the inner workings of a small but growing non profit and the process of planning and managing fundraising events.
Responsibilities in Detail:
* Support the team in planning and promoting all Harlem Film House events
* Solicit donations for the event (venue, food, drinks, auctions items, etc)
* Organize event logistics (catering, registration, recruiting and training volunteers, music)
* Manage guest list, ticket purchases, monetary donations, and mailing list
* Support creation of event materials (save the date, Eventbrite, sponsor letters)
* Create financial reports for event
* Promote event on social media and with appropriate mainstream media
* Support other fundraising events as planned
Along with possessing a passion for supporting non profit work and changing narratives, an intern should have strong communication and writing skills and comfort using Microsoft Excel and Google Documents. Additionally, an ideal candidate would also have a BA in communications, non profit management, marketing or another related field, as well as experience in event planning and/or fundraising.
About Harlem Film House Inc.
2035 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10035, US
Change the Narrative.
Harlem Film House, a 501(c) 3) corporation, produces film & music festivals. operates year-round workshops, theatre productions and live events, while also offering business consulting to filmmakers and content creators in underserved communities around the world. The Harlem Film House creates a economic ecosystem by providing filmmakers services and resources to ensure longevity in careers in film, theatre and related entrepreneurial pursuits.Our programmatic activities include:
The Hip Hop Film Festival
We Watch Monthly Screening Series
HHFF World Tour
The Boss Pitch
Black Gold Gala
We'll work with your schedule.
2035 Fifth AvenueNew YorkNew York, NY 10035
- Customer Acquisition
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 10-15 hours a week
- must have your own laptop and smartphone