Volunteer For Triangle Arts on Governors Island
3 people are interested
Triangle Arts Association is seeking volunteers for its Governors Island artist residency program. Triangle offers free studio space to visual artists. Located in a repurposed military household in the beautiful Nolan Park, our artist studio spaces are open to the public on Saturdays and Sundays from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm. Welcoming the public into our unique space, volunteers will help introduce Triangle and inform visitors about our open studios and diverse group of artists. Volunteers will play a critical role in connecting visitors to our artists, mission, and the rich history of the island.
- Saturdays and/or Sundays from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Greet visitors
- Offer information about Triangle, the artists, and our role on Governors Island
- Help the public interact with and move through the space
- Be available to answer visitor questions
- Connect with neighboring organizations
- Check on artists and their studio spaces
- Make sure the space is safe/secure throughout the day and during closing time
Characteristics and Skills:
- Good people skills
- Community-centered values
- Interest in art
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About TRIANGLE ARTS ASSOCIATION LIMITED
20 JAY ST, STE 318, BROOKLYN, NY 11201, US
Triangle programs emphasize research, dialogue and experimentation through residencies and public programs.
Triangle is an artist-founded non-profit art institution in New York City, working locally and globally since 1982.
10 South StreetNew York, NY 10004
- Visual Arts
- Arts Administration
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Must be at least 18