Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Community Engagement Lead
5 people are interested
The Making Strides Community Engagement Lead represents the American Cancer Society in the community, builds relationships, and uses their contacts, influence, and resources to further our lifesaving mission.
The Community Engagement Lead’s primary responsibility is to gain support for Making Strides within the local community through networking events and community events, and to develop a strategy to recruit, retain, and communicate with teams. They will also work with their ACS staff partner to secure avenues for distribution of Making Strides registration papers, posters, and other promotional resources to recruit new teams from all different communities and groups.
- Develop relationships with new and current community teams
- Manage teams recruited directly from your community engagement efforts
- Develop marketing strategies to reach a larger market within the metro area
- Research other community events and outreach opportunities with goal of creating and cultivating community teams (friends/family, social clubs, youth, churches, military, schools/universities, multi-cultural, LGBT, etc.)
- Work with staff partner to create a sub-committee (and "street team") of volunteers to help support you in your role (ex: Team Recruitment chair, Marketing chair, Networking chair, etc.)
- Work with event staff partner to compile a list of potential distribution avenues and develop a collateral distribution plan and other promotional strategies
The Making Strides Corporate Lead proactively advances the work of the American Cancer Society by serving as a representative, relationship builder, and recognition provider
Representative - Spokesperson, advocate, and champion who believes in our mission to save lives from cancer and can compel others to support our effort.
Relationship Builder - Integrator, collaborator, connector, communicator, and bridge builder who attracts others with their confidence and commitment to the American Cancer Society.
Recognition Provider - Leader, influencer, and go-getter who enjoys celebrating others and has a spirit of gratitude and appreciation
Individuals in this role are comfortable representing the American Cancer Society and Making Strides Against Breast Cancer within the community. The most successful people in this role: have a wide sphere of influence in the community and are comfortable doing presentations to promote community participation in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event; enjoy working with different groups of all ages and backgrounds; and have strong listening and communication skills.
About American Cancer Society
4240 Park Place Court, Glen Allen, VA 23060, US
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service.
The American Cancer Society is a global grassroots force of nearly 2 million volunteers dedicated to saving lives, celebrating lives, and leading the fight for a world without cancer. From breakthrough research, to free lodging near treatment, a 24/7/365 live helpline, free rides to treatment, and convening powerful activists to create awareness and impact, the Society is the only organization attacking cancer from every angle.
We'll work with your schedule.
4240 Park Place CourtGlen Allen, VA 23060
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One-year commitment (maximum two-year term); Monthly Committee Meetings; January-October: 4-8 hours/month