Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Corporate Engagement Lead
1 person is interested
The Making Strides Corporate Engagement Lead represents the American Cancer Society in the community, builds relationships, and uses their contacts, influence, and resources to further our lifesaving mission.
The Corporate Engagement Lead primary responsibility is to secure financial, in-kind, and mission support from new and returning Making Strides event sponsors and to ensure that all sponsors are appropriately recognized and thanked for their support. This person will work with their ACS staff partner to approach medical, health, and fitness- oriented businesses, women-owned businesses, and other organizations. This person will lead the entire planning committee in exercises that produce relationship introductions for the purpose of soliciting for new sponsorship and sponsorship teams.
- Develop a sponsorship goal plan and strategies targeting potential sponsors, working with the event staff partner and following the appropriate sponsorship guidelines
- Create and cultivate executive-level teams and sponsorships for Making Strides
- Utilize your personal sphere of influence, as well as the network you encounter through your Ambassador position, to identify potential sponsors
- Develop relationships with new, current, or recurring event-level cash sponsors, team-level cash sponsors, and in-kind sponsors
- Manage teams and track progress recruited from your corporate engagement efforts
- Partner with event staff partner and other ACS Account Management staff to assure that all sponsors receive any and all contracted benefits
The Making Strides Corporate Engagement Lead proactively advances the work of the American Cancer Society by serving as a representative, relationship builder, and recognition provider.
Representative - Spokesperson, advocate, and champion who believes in our mission to save lives from cancer and can compel others to support our efforts.
Relationship Builder - Integrator, collaborator, connector, communicator, and bridge builder who attracts others with their confidence and commitment to the American Cancer Society
Recognition Provider - Leader, influencer, and go-getter who enjoys celebrating others and has a spirit of gratitude and appreciation.
Individuals in this role are comfortable representing the American Cancer Society and Making Strides Against Breast Cancer within the business community and in the identification and recruitment of additional fundraising and sponsorships for the event. The most successful people in this role: have a wide sphere of influence in the community; have the ability to motivate a sub-committee; are comfortable doing presentations and handling negotiations; and have strong listening, communication, and leadership skills.
About American Cancer Society
4240 Park Place Court, Glen Allen, VA 23060, US
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service.
The American Cancer Society is a global grassroots force of nearly 2 million volunteers dedicated to saving lives, celebrating lives, and leading the fight for a world without cancer. From breakthrough research, to free lodging near treatment, a 24/7/365 live helpline, free rides to treatment, and convening powerful activists to create awareness and impact, the Society is the only organization attacking cancer from every angle.
We'll work with your schedule.
4240 Park Place CourtGlen Allen, VA 23060
- Business Development & Sales Management
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One-year commitment (maximum two-year term); Monthly committee meetings; January-October: 4-8 hours/month