Still the Heart of Hospice, Fort Worth area
1 person is interested
Hospice patients and their families love their volunteers, ordinary people serving in an extraordinary way. After half a century of hospice care in the U.S., volunteers are STILL the heart of hospice. Help us make history for the next 50 years by serving as a hospice volunteer in a way you find rewarding and meaningful;
- Socialization and companionship for patients who have few or no visitors;
- Mental stimulation and engagement for patients with memory or cognitive decline;
- Music (voice, guitar, folk instrument, keyboards);
- Giving hospice families a break;
- Errands, homemaking, lawn care and other practical assistance;
- Certified Pet Therapy (Restrictions and requirements apply);
- Resident group activities in facilities (bingo, games, helping with parties and events);
- Supporting the hospice efforts with office assistance during regular business hours or at home at your convenience...
- And more!
About Tender Heart Hospice
3210 W. Park Row, Arlington, TX 76013, US
Our Mission: - To provide uncompromising, quality care that is safe and effective to all individuals in need of hospice services; - To walk "tenderly" with our patients and families during their journey; - To provide symptom control and support for people in the last phase of incurable disease so that they may live with dignity and be as comfortable as possible. Tender Heart Hospice Care recognizes dying as a normal process and cycle of life. Our mission focuses on quality and dignity till the end and affirms life.
Hospice Care for Families facing Terminal Illness
We'll work with your schedule.
Various LocationsFort WorthFort Worth, TX 76102
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Depends on assignment; in general, 1-2 hours. Family Break and Office may be longer.
- Driver must have drivers license and auto insurance; social security card OR U.S. passport; state or student ID if volunteer does not have a driver's license. Work authorization if applicable. Additional requirements for underage volunteers.