8th Annual Soaring for Children Cocktail Reception, "Enchanted - An Evening of Reflections"
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
34 people are interested
On Thursday, November 21, Voices for Children will be holding our annual Soaring for Children Cocktail Reception. This year’s event theme is Enchanted - An Evening of Reflections and will play off a few favorite fairytales and promises to be a memorable evening. Guests will be treated to delectable cuisine, enchanting delights, and mesmerizing entertainment.
Volunteers will be expected to support in a few vital ways for this event:
- Guest Registration - welcome and check in guests using event software; share additional event details with guests (should be comfortable with technology)
- Greeting & Table Hosting - greet guests upon arrival; direct guests to various locations within the event space; answer general event questions & serve as host for a handful of tables in the ballroom by helping guests find their seats and answering general event questions
- Fundraising Support - promote and run fundraising elements, such as the "Silent Auction", "Candy Apples", and "Magic Mirror Surprise Gifts"and organize "won" silent auction items for pick-up; retrieve bundled items as guests check out
- Some light support in set-up and breakdown
- Basic customer service
For more information about the event, please visit https://one.bidpal.net/voicesenchanted/welcome
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About VOICES FOR CHILDREN OF BROWARD COUNTY
401 E LAS OLAS BLVD, FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33301, US
Voices for Children of Broward County works to ensure that every abused, neglected, and abandoned child in Broward County has a court-appointed Guardian ad Litem and that financial resources are available for each child’s accompanying health, educational, and social needs. To accomplish our mission, Voices works with children who have an open and active dependency court case to meet each of their essential needs during this transitional period and to give them a voice throughout the entire court proceedings by working with the appointed volunteer Guardian ad Litem.
Voices was formed in 2011 and became the first, and it remains the only, non-profit providing gap funding and programs solely for this population of children. Since its inception, Voices has served more than 7,000 young people who have faced the deep wounds from a crisis of parenting. In helping them to secure the basic life needs, essential education, and social experiences they equally deserve, Voices is ensuring that each young person in the care of the State, in Broward County, discovers his or her own resilience and strength. Voices is committed to leveling the playing field so that every child in the foster care system has what every child deserves, a Guardian ad Litem volunteer to help guide his or her safe passage through the child welfare system, opportunities in which to prosper, and a successful journey into a healthy, stable, thriving life as an adult.
While there are other programs offering a broad array of services to assist children who have been abused, neglected or abandoned, Voices focuses exclusively on providing gap funding and programs solely for children who have an open and active dependency case in Broward County.
Children in foster care have wishes and dreams just like every child. They deserve to be in a place that is safe and nurturing where they feel empowered to pursue those dreams. Help us give a child a chance at a better future.
The Venue2345 Wilton DrWilton Manors, FL 33305
- Basic Computer Skills
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Must be available for a 1 hour orientation on Thursday, November 7th from 6-7pm at the Guardian ad Litem Program Office in downtown Fort Lauderdale. Additional details to follow.