Healthy Minds Initiative Assistant
12 people are interested
- Formed in 1955, Beach Cities Health District is a public agency that provides health care services to the communities of Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach and Redondo Beach.
- Beach Cities Health District (BCHD) has partnered with award-winning neurologists Drs. Dean and Ayesha Sherzai for the "Healthy Minds Initiative," a study that will look at 1,700 Beach Cities older adults and the effects active and passive lifestyle changes have on cognitive and psychological health.
- Healthy Minds Initiative Volunteers assist Community Programs Coordinator in facilitating Healthy Minds Initiative Intake Sessions.
Shifts will be M-F between 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Minimum commitment of 3 hours per week
Assist Community Programs Coordinator to proctor group testing appointments including:
- Putting out water, snacks, coffee
- Going over the test room rules
- Going over very easy, general iPad use instructions
- Queuing up preloaded testing for individuals on the iPad
- Answering questions about paper and iPad tests
- Copying information and placing in people’s charts
- Filing the charts and locking the cabinet once testing is over
- Wiping down headphones, cleaning iPad screens, storing away/charging
- Must be 18 years or older
- Demonstrates empathetic and non-judgmental attitude towards others
- Friendly, positive, and excellent people skills
- Customer service and basic clerical skills
- Participants in the Healthy Minds Initiative study are ineligible to volunteer in this role
- Minimum one year commitment
All potential candidates are asked to complete the following application process to see if this position is an appropriate fit:
- Fill out application online at bchd.org/volunteer
- Participate in simple intake process conducted by Volunteer Services
- Interview with the program supervisor
If the position fits the volunteer, the following screening process (at no cost to volunteer) will take place:
- Criminal background check
- TB test
09:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Any day M-F
01:30 PM to 04:30 PM
Any day M-F
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Beach Cities Health District
514 N. Prospect, Redondo Beach, CA 90277, US
Beach Cities Health District (BCHD) is here to empower you in making healthy decisions that improve your overall quality of life. Through a wide variety of health programs and innovative services we promote wellness in mind and body at every age. It’s your life. LIVE WELL.
As a public agency, BCHD is subsidized by district property taxes, program fees, healthcare business, lease and investment income. For every tax dollar we receive, we return approximately $4.79 back to the community in services and programs. In this respect, Beach Cities is truly YOUR health district.
We'll work with your schedule.
This opportunity has 2 shifts
514 N. Prospect Avenue1st FloorRedondo Beach, CA 90277
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Shifts will be M-F between 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Minimum commitment of 3 hours per week