Be a Visual Story Teller volunteer with the American Red Cross of Alaska! (Fairbanks)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Alaska Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Do you like photography? Would you like to use that talent for good? Assist the Red Cross of Alaska create our story!
What you will be doing....
* Collaborating with Communications Leadership to identify and carry out ways to tell the Red Cross story visually
* Take photos and/or video at events, trainings and disasters in accordance with Red Cross brand standards
* Capture portraits, candids and/or studio shots to tell the Red Cross story of service delivery
* Cull, edit, caption and upload your photos/video to online sharing accounts; share select photos in a timely manner (typically same day or within 24 hours) with chapter/regional communications leadership and the social media team
* Share photos/video on social media, when appropriate
* Coordinate with chapter social media leads to share your team's videos and photos on social media or Red Cross sites.
* Treat all clients, volunteers and partners with dignity and respect - always obtaining required photo releases.
* Organize and deliver photo/video documentation, captions, quotes and photo releases.
* Work with communications team to identify daily priorities to share visual story.
* Deploy to the scene to seek out opportunities for photos/videos.
We provide all training!
Flexible- We will work with your schedule
Sign up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Jocelynn Cobb, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist, at Jocelynn.email@example.com or by phone at 907.791.0882.
About American Red Cross - Alaska Region
235 East 8th Avenue, Suite 200, Anchorage, AK 99501, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
851 Westpoint DrWasilla, AK 99654
July 20, 2023
- Visual Arts
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Response
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training