Passionate about increasing the reach of effective vegan education? Become a Volunteer Team Leader!
1 person is interested
Bite Size Vegan is seeking a Volunteer Team Leader to help build a functional and productive (primarily remote) volunteer team. You would be a key individual in the transition of Bite Size Vegan from a "one-woman-show" to a team-based, nonprofit educational organization.
You would be working directly with Bite Size Vegan’s founder, meeting in-person when needed, but primarily interacting remotely with volunteers. A passion for vegan education, the ability to manage multiple projects at once, and thrive in a remote setting are a must.Requirements include:
- Passion for increasing the reach of open-access, barrier-free effective vegan education
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- An aptitude for quick and independent learning, including new software, applications and platforms; experience with working remotely is a plus
- Can manage time effectively, organizing and completing multiple projects within set deadlines
- Experience in volunteering; involvement with online-based volunteering is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with diverse people
- Experience in recruiting through various methods with a focus on remote/online sourcing and management is a plus
- Exquisite organizational skills, work ethic, and attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making and prioritizing abilities
- Ability to work at least 12 hours a week
- Source and recruit volunteers through various techniques (writing position description postings, newsletters, social media outreach, etc.)
- Keep records of volunteers’ information (skills, abilities, assignments, etc.)
- Match the best-suited volunteers for specific projects and tasks according to their skills, experience and availability
- Orient and train incoming volunteers; create tutorials and orientation materials when needed
- Communicate frequently with volunteers on the project management platform to ensure they are well-placed, engaged, motivated, and satisfied; be available to address questions and concerns
- Find "stand out" reliable volunteers to take on higher levels of responsibility and leadership
- Design effective ways of recognizing and rewarding the efforts of volunteers; help cultivate a sense of community
- Ensure the purpose of projects and tasks in relation to the nonprofit’s mission are clearly communicated
- As the team grows, assess and report suggestions when it is time to expand with opening additional positions
APPLY HERE: http://BiteSizeVegan.org/Apply
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About BITE SIZE VEGAN
941 25TH AVENUE 154, CORALVILLE, IA 52241, US
Bite Size Vegan simplifies the complexities of veganism through engaging and approachable educational content--creating new vegans and equipping existing vegans with the tools they need to get active. Believing in the power of an informed public, Bite Size Vegan provides free, open-access to right-to-know information in a digestible format--rigorously researched, yet awkwardly entertaining. By helping people make the connection that veganism--far from an extreme way of life--is simply aligning our actions with the values we already have, Bite Size Vegan strives to end the pervasive exploitation of non-human animals.
Bite Size Vegan is an online-based educational non-profit founded on the belief that everyone deserves access to solid, factual information on issues impacting their health, our planet, society, and the lives of other sentient beings. The website, videos, articles, resources and speeches serve to provide this access in formats tailored to modern methods of information consumption-digestible and approachable, yet backed by rigorous research.
Bite Size Vegan aims to serve as an "entry point" for non-vegans to explore veganism in an approachable, non-threatening environment-distilling down complex concepts into accessible formats while providing cited sources for total transparency and to allow further independent research and evaluation.
Simultaneously, Bite Size Vegan aims to serve as a source of teaching tools for current vegans and activists, providing them with reliable "go to" resources to use in their own activism, allowing them to focus more time on outreach.
By taking on the ample time requirements of researching the myriad of issues inherent within and surrounding veganism, as well as sorting through the ever-growing mountains of information, Bite Size Vegan aims to increase both the accessibility of veganism for non-vegans, and the efficiency and effectiveness of current vegans' activism.
We'll work with your schedule.
The Iowa City, IA Metro AreaIowa City, IA 52246
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment will vary, but at least 12 hours a week should be expected.