Calling All HISTORY BUFFS!
2 people are interested
The Snyder Academy is seeking passionate history buffs, to learn about our history and then share it via . . .
- Campus Tours
- Social Media
- Educational Programs
- Special Events
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Old First Historic Trust, Inc - SNYDER ACADEMY
42 BROAD ST, ELIZABETH, NJ 07201, US
To serve the people of Elizabeth NJ as a vibrant center for culture, education, history, economic and social advancement.
The Snyder Academy of Elizabethtown site (operated by the Old First Historic Trust) has been holy ground and the hub of a diverse community of pioneers, thinkers and leaders. Here stands the First Presbyterian Church of Elizabeth, whose sanctuary is located on the site of the meetinghouse for the founders of the colony.
Through the generous support of the Snyder Foundation, the New Jersey Historic Trust, the Neighborhood Revitalization Tax Credit program, and other private foundations, the Snyder Academy was renovated in 2013. With a truly unique mix of historic treasures and state of the art facilities, it promises to be a catalyst for community and economic development as well as a cultural and educational center. Our campus provides:
- Premiere destination for events including receptions, banquets, concerts and exhibitions
- A breathtaking 1917 Classical Revival event and performance space with outstanding acoustics, 24-foot ceilings, and a full stage able to accommodate seated gatherings.
- Banquet/classroom space for functions and educational programs
- Turnkey office and meeting spaces for nonprofits and small business start-ups
Our vision is that we will be a historical and cultural heritage site of great regional significance that embraces the present needs of the community and enhances the economic opportunities and quality of life of Elizabeth and New Jersey.
We'll work with your schedule.
42 Broad StreetElizabeth, NJ 07201
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- The time commitment varies based upon the project. This opportunity is part time.
- The leadership team will interview all candidates.