Marketing Chair - Board of Directors
2 people are interested
Member, Board of Directors
About the International Ocean Film Festival
Launched in 2004, the International Ocean Film Festival (IOFF) is a year-round ocean inspired conservation advocacy organization with a mission to save our oceans one film at a time. Taking place at Fort Mason Center in San Francisco and other venues throughout the Bay Area, the IOFF features a flagship four-day celebration of the ocean, featuring more than 55 films from around the world, visiting filmmakers, special guests, panel discussions, a free student education program for Bay Area youth, and opportunities to engage with Ocean Hero Community Partners. The film festival has a strong commitment to engage the next generation of ocean conservationists by offering the Education Program and the International Student Ocean Film Competition for middle school and high school students around the world.
The role of an IOFF Board Director is to promote and endorse the IOFF efforts throughout the communities it serves, and act in a judicious manner and in accordance with fiduciary responsibility for the organization. All directors are selected to help support the mission of saving our oceans one film at a time. As a volunteer team, the Board of Directors is responsible for effectively using media to advance conservation of our ocean one film at a time, including through organizing a world-class environmental film festival, securing top-notch speakers, enlarging our target audience and empowering youth with opportunities. To achieve this, Board members are expected to volunteer their time, skills, and knowledge to promote the festival to their personal and professional networks, provide strategic guidance and contribute their own initiatives and partnerships in an effort to fundraise and increase awareness about the mission of the festival and its programs, in order to meet our mission. There are ten volunteer board member positions of which eight are currently filled.
The IOFF is a year-round conservation ocean advocacy organization, that hosts an annual flagship event, a four-day film festival each March in San Francisco. The role of the Marketing Chair is a four-year commitment, with an eight-month focus each year from August through April. The next four years are pivotal for global environmental issues, and for our organization to maximize its impact. The role of Marketing Chair will be crucial to the IOFF’s long-term success.
- Develop an annual marketing plan based on a strong branding and messaging foundation
- for the IOFF as a year-round conservation advocacy organization
- Develop an overall strategy to include, but not limited to print, online, social media, and other media outlets with the support of volunteers on the Marketing Committee
- Working with the Executive Director to incorporate cross-marketing opportunities with key community partners
- Oversee and manage the Marketing Committee - an experienced team of dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers responsible the following marketing platforms: website, social media, and e-newsletter, including hosting monthly Marketing Committee meetings in San Francisco with the team of volunteers
- Attend monthly Board of Directors meetings, held in San Francisco.
- Liaise with Advisory Board members to support them and communicate opportunities where their engagement can be productive for the festival. Including developing partnerships with local brands and partners to create new opportunities (including in kind donations, sponsorships). If a celebrity partner is secured, the Marketing Chair’s role will include leading that relationship and engagement.
We are looking for candidates with solid experience of 10+ years in a marketing leadership capacity. Prior board member experience is highly desirable, as well as a deep desire to care for and protect our oceans. Preference will be given to candidates with an interest and prior experience running impact campaigns, and working with brand or messaging ambassadors.
For more information please visit us at www.intloceanfilmfest.org. To submit a resume or LinkedIn profile, please email us at info@Intloceanfilmfest.org and include Marketing Chair in the subject line.
About International Ocean Film Festival
Tides Thoreau Center, 1007 General Kennedy Drive #205, San Francisco, CA 94129, US
The mission of the International Ocean Film Festival is to save our oceans one film at a time.
The International Ocean Film Festival (IOFF), is the first and largest film festival focused on the ocean in North America.
Celebrating its 16th Anniversary on March 7 - 10, 2019 at Cowell Theater in Fort Mason Center for Arts and Culture, the four-day festival attracts more 4,000 attendees, screens more than 50 independent films, and hosts visiting filmmakers from around the world.
Programs include discussions with filmmakers and content experts, creating a unique public forum on the environmental, social, and cultural importance of the ocean's ecosystems, habitats and its resources.
1007 General Kennedy Ave (Presidio)Suite 205San Francisco, CA 94129
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- 8 to 10 hours per week, plus monthly board meetings and committee meetings.