Raleigh Expedition: Volunteer Abroad Programmes in Costa Rica, Tanzania and Nepal
Raleigh Expedition is an international volunteering programme open to all and engaging young people from around the world. Join one of our Expeditions in Costa Rica, Nepal or Tanzania to get involved in the issues you care about and contribute to responsible, sustainable projects.
Our Expeditions run for 4, 5, 7 and 10 weeks throughout the year. Whether you volunteer abroad with Raleigh for 4 weeks or 2 months, your time will be well spent taking on exciting new challenges and developing skills that will stay with you for life.
The Raleigh Expedition programme is for 17 to 24 year olds. The programme supports young people to develop essential teamwork, leadership, intercultural learning, and active citizenship skills and knowledge. The foundation for young people to become future leaders. Our volunteers report that the program:
- Raises their aspirations
- Builds their confidence
- Broadens their horizons and outlook
- Helps develop character and resilience
- Supports better academic performance
- Help protect and conserve the environment. Improve access to water and sanitation facilities and increase access to educational facilities.
- Join a rural community and immerse yourself in new cultures. Work alongside local people on the issues they face.
- Become part of a group of like-minded people from across the globe and make lasting friendships.
- Challenge yourself on an exhilarating Adventure Leadership trek.
- All project work will contribute to achieving the United Nations’ Global Goals for Sustainable Development (SDGs).
- Develop essential teamwork, active citizenship, language exchange, and intercultural skills and knowledge.
- Be part of an experiential and immersive learning experience that will include team reviews, debriefs, journaling, 1-2-1s, leadership opportunities and active learning sessions.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Raleigh International
52 Horseferry Road, Third Floor, Dean Bradley House, London, GB
Today more people than ever before are working together to create sustainable change around the world. Despite this, there is much more work to be done. We connect communities wanting to improve their lives and their environment with passionate people from around the world who want to take positive action. By working alongside young people to create positive change, communities develop their knowledge and confidence and become more empowered. The energy and motivation of empowered people leads to lasting change. What do we mean by lasting change? We mean behaviour change. We can demonstrate that our unique approach is a catalyst for positive behaviour change at both the community level and amongst the young people who volunteer with us.
People worldwide face many barriers to creating change. And solutions to change must balance economic, environmental and social needs to be sustainable. In many cases this requires new ways of thinking and doing.
We connect communities wanting to improve their lives and their environment with passionate people from around the world who want to take positive action.
We believe that young people are the generation that has the energy, optimism and creativity to make change happen. And they are open to new ways of thinking and doing.
By working alongside young people to create positive change, communities develop their knowledge and confidence and become more empowered.
The energy and motivation of empowered people leads to lasting change.
The outcome is a better quality of life for everyone.
With our local and international volunteers, project partners, local communities, funders, and 40,000 previous volunteers, we form a global community who are passionate about working together to build a sustainable future.