Seeking Volunteer Board Treasurer/Accountant
2 people are interested
Literacy Council, Milford, OH, small non-profit agency where adults learn to read. Single-employee payroll. Accounts managed on QuickBooks. Reconcile monthly bills, make deposits, run financial reports, present financial overview at board meetings. Prepare files for yearly audit to outside source. Board meetings held on odd months, six per year, 4 th Tuesday, noon. Volunteer hours: expect 4-8 per month. Payroll runs twice per month. 513-703-8540, email@example.com
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Literacy Council of Clermont & Brown Counties
745 Center Street, Suite 300, Milford, OH 45150, US
Our mission is to offer adults basic listening, speaking, reading and writing skills to enrich quality of life.
1. Free literacy services to adults 18 and older in Clermont & Brown Counties. One-on-one tutoring to improve reading, writing, spelling, comprehension and English speaking skills for adult learners. Students are assessed and matched with a tutor in their geographic area.
2. Tutors are certified after 8 hours of training in the phonics-based Laubach method of one-on-one tutoring. We offer workshops and the cost is $20. Tutors and adult learners meet for about 2 hours a week, at a convenient time in public places, such as libraries and churches.
3. Annual Spelling Bee Fundraiser in June provides community visibility and raises money for our non-profit agency.
-Enter a team of 2 or 3 adults to compete
-Provide corporate or individual financial donations or sponsor a team
-Donate prizes for winners or items for the silent auction
-Advertise your business with team attire
-Attend the Bee to support the Literacy Council!
4. The Literacy Council wants to inform church, community, civic, and business groups about the 26,000 illiterate in Clermont and Brown Cos. This will encourage low-level readers to get the help they need, and encourage others to become tutors or volunteers.
We'll work with your schedule.
745 Center Street, Suite 300Milford, OH 45150
- Reporting & Dashboards
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- Financial Service Assistance
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Attend 6 board meetings per year on the 4th Tuesday of the odd month at noon; required time to perform payroll and other financial duties estimated at 4 to 6 per month, possibly longer during the end of the year.
- Prepare for financial audit done by a third party and prepare agency tax reports at end of year.