Fundraising Committee Volunteers Needed at The Empowerment Of Women
TEOW - The Empowerment of Women
Position Title: Fundraising Committee
Length of Term: 6-Month Introductory Period
Reports To: Entire Board of Directors
The board of directors are legally and ethically responsible for all activities of the organization. To that end it:
- Determines how the organization will carry out its mission through long and short-range planning.
- Adopts an annual budget and provides fiscal oversight.
- Recruit and develop board members.
- Evaluates its performance and overall performance of the organization in achieving the mission.
- Establishes policies for the effective management of the organization.
- Understand and promote the organization’s mission.
- Be familiar with the organization’s programs, policies, and operations.
- Attend board meetings and appropriate committee meetings.
- Review agenda and supporting documents prior to meetings.
- Participate in fund raising activities and special events.
- Keep current on developments in program areas.
- Strictly adhere to conflict of interest & confidentiality policies as listed in the volunteer handbook.
- Willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
- Review all previous year fundraising activity and make recommendations for improvements for new fiscal year.
- Work with fundraising staff to determine annual development budget.
- Revise and update current fund development plan.
- Develop an annual calendar for the committee’s activities, including critical dates, milestones and required board actions
- Engage in advocacy and networking.
- Participate in annual special events and other fundraising activities.
- Track and report progress toward fundraising goals to the Board.
- Analyze relationships with current and prospective major donors and funders and develop individualized strategies to cultivate or strengthen those relationships.
- Analyze relationships with current and prospective corporate sponsors, devise sponsorship packages, and work with staff and Board to develop relationships. * Along with Executive Director, meet with current and prospective major donors and funders (foundations and corporations).
- Tap respective networks for potential donors of money, time and in-kind support (Work closely to Corporate Sponsor/Donors Committee for gifts in-kind).
- Monitor & support fundraising efforts to be sure that ethical practices are in place, that donors are acknowledged appropriately, and that fundraising efforts are cost-effective.
- Provide report out during full Board meetings (Board Chair)
Time Demands (approximate):
- Attend and actively participate in at least 75% of board meetings (1 annual board meetings, various conference calls, general meetings (includes leisure volunteers, committee members and board members), and regular board meetings, approximately 2 hours in length, on the scheduled date.
- Attend and actively participate in committee meetings and related work (1-3 hours per moth as determined by the committee)
- Attend and actively participate in the annual planning (1 weekend day)
- Attend and actively participate in the annual meeting (approx. 2-3hours)
- Attend special events such as fundraisers.
Financial and Resource Development Expectations:
- Sell tickets to fundraising events and/or promote any fundraiser.
- Recruit sponsors, donors & volunteers as needed.
- Identify and cultivate potential donors.
- Support any and all financial and resource obligations.
About TEOW - The Empowerment of Women
1302 Waugh Dr Unit 768, Houston, TX 77019, US
T.E.O.W.,INC. | The Empowerment Of Women is a 501 (c)(3) non profit organization that bring awareness to the negative effects of low self-esteem in young women in the areas of: Personal Development, Financial Literacy, Education (S.T.E.M.), Health & Wellness.
#LoveMeFirst is our campaign that teaches women of all ages to love themselves first starting from within.
TEOW TALK is our other program that offers free workshops on Finances, Personal Development, & Career Development.