** #NotAllHeroesWearCapes Do you like to drive? Transport blood and help to save lives! / Seattle
#NotAllHeroesWearCapes Help Deliver LifeSaving Blood to Local Hospitals and Become a Red Cross Volunteer!
Rewarding volunteer opportunity serving as a Red Cross Blood Services Transportation Volunteer. Help deliver lifesaving blood to hospitals from local Red Cross donor sites in our community.
Clean driving record and lifting requirements.
- Deliver lifesaving blood to area hospitals as routine or "stat" deliveries
- Transport blood and blood products from blood collection sites to the lab for processing
- Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures
- Communicate and share feedback between Red Cross personnel and clients
- Pick up and return boxes as needed
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner
- Valid state driver's license and 3 years driving experience
- Familiarity with geographic area and driving routes
- Ability to verify safe driving records with state dept licensing or insurance
- Current car registration and insurance required when using own vehicle
- Experience to demonstrate reliability
- Ability to lift up to 45 lbs. (for hospital deliveries)
- Successful completion of Red Cross Defensive Driving Course (within 6 months of placement)
About American Red Cross / Northwest Region
1900 25th Ave South, Seattle, WA 98114, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
1900 25th Ave SSeattle, WA 98144
- Bus/Van Driving
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible - Minimum One Shift Monthly
- Driver's license, ability to lift up to 45 lbs, Red Cross provided training