Community Outreach Manager
1 person is interested
Mind&Melody, a Florida-based 501(c)(3) founded in 2014, transforms lives through the love of music and community, one mind at a time. We implement novel music programs at healthcare facilities, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and day care centers for individuals with neurological impairments and developmental disabilities in order to improve their quality of life.
We currently have Mind&Melody programs running statewide, and we are looking to create more programs this next year! If you want to be a part of carrying out this vision and are excited about helping people through music, this Community Outreach contracted position was made for you! You will be able to use your personality and communication skills to engage potential partners and help Mind&Melody grow.
- Identify networking events to meet potential partners
- Effectively communicate our Mission and Vision to potential clients and partners
- Build and maintain positive relationships with potential partners
- Organize community partner listing through our software (Pipedrive)
- Manage Musician/Partner relationships at program sessions (not required, but preferred)
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience in building strong relationships with community partners
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive products
- Energetic personality and contagious dedication, with ability to work independently
- Ability to drive to meetings with potential partners
- Musical abilities preferred
- Flexible Hours
About Mind&Melody, Inc.
8905 SW 102 Terrace, Miami, FL 33176, US
Mind&Melody, Inc. is a non-profit organization that implements interactive music programs with educational and therapeutic benefits for individuals experiencing neurological impairments in order to improve quality of life.
About our Pilot Study:
Dementia is one of the most common neurocognitive disorders vastly affecting older adults worldwide. Dementia is a chronic or progressive disorder of the central nervous system that gradually affects cognitive functions.
While there is no cure for dementia, treatment is available. Music has proven to benefit a wide range of older adults afflicted with cognitive decline. According to research, music has been effective in decreasing dementia related behaviors including agitation, anxiety, and depression as well as improving overall quality of life.
The Mind&Melody Music Program for Participants Experiencing Dementia is designed to cater to those without a music background, and are taught by a team of volunteers that work together to share their passion for teaching, performing music, and improving the quality of life for people with dementia.
The program provides the opportunity for community involvement and simultaneously raises awareness about dementia. Students are given the opportunity to earn community service hours and learn about the daily lives of people with dementia.
We'll work with your schedule.
12905 SW 132nd StMiami, FL 33186
- Music Arts
- Sales Marketing
- Sales Process
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Approx. 20 hours per week; Part-Time and Full-time opportunities