Teen Pregnancy Prevention (TPP) Program Assistant
3 people are interested
PROGRAM - Using the Positive Prevention PLUS (PPP) curriculum, the Teen Pregnancy Prevention (TPP) program provides education and guidance to help teens make good decisions about sexual behavior. PPP curriculum materials are California’s source for evidence-based instruction in Comprehensive Sexual Health Education and Teen Pregnancy Prevention. Classroom presentations and discussions are conducted at local high schools in the Vista and Oceanside High School Districts. More information on PPP can be found at http://www.positivepreventionplus.com/GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clerical work including data entry & filing
- Update & collect required paperwork
- Prepping for classroom group/sessions
- Assisting with outreach when necessary
- Classroom Group Work:
- Assist class facilitators during lessons and group sessions
- Assist with set up, prep, & clean up after each session
- B.A. in Social Work, Child Development, Psychology, or similar field (B.A in progress okay)
- Must attend PPP training & become familiar with curriculum
- Demonstrate knowledge about, and comfort with, information regarding reproductive organs and functions, common sexual behaviors and practices of teens and adults, sexually transmitted diseases, and the ability to discuss all of these in an articulate an understandable way
- Experience working with children and/or youth, managing group situations, including dealing with adolescents and teens who may be challenging, unruly or otherwise uncooperative at times
- Experience and/or ability as an effective public speaker and group facilitator
- Must have reliable transportation to travel between Vista & Oceanside high schools
About North County Lifeline
200 Michigan Ave., Vista, CA 92084, US
To build self-reliance among youth, individuals and families through problem solving, skill-building and accessible community-based services.
Who We Are
North County Lifeline is an organization of case managers, counselors, therapists, mentors, social service workers, assessment specialists, program developers, mediators, educators, youth leaders, volunteers, interns and administrators.
We are your connection to resources within the community.
We are your Lifeline.
What We're About
- Developing resilient youth
- Nurturing family strengths
- Partnering to solve community problems
We'll work with your schedule.
OceansideOceanside, CA 92054
- Youth Services
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Child Development
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must be available at least two weekdays in the morning Schedule is based on school calendar and hours (August-May) Specific schedule will be determined between intern and program coordinators
- Drug Test and TB Test