Board of Directors Member Needed
We Care Tucson
We are interested in candidates with fundraising experience, experience in the healthcare industry, and working with nonprofits. Below is a summary of Board Member responsibilities.
The board is responsible for the following:
- Determines the mission of the organization
- Determines how the organization will carry out its mission through long and short-range planning
- Adopts an annual budget and provides fiscal oversight
- Planning and participating in fund raising activities
- Recruits, orients, and develops other board members
- Hires and evaluates the performance of the executive director
- Evaluates overall performance of the organization in achieving the mission
- Establishes policies for the effective management of the organization
- Be familiar with the organization’s programs, policies, and operations
- Attend board meetings and appropriate committee meetings
- Actively serve on at least one committee and be willing to take on special assignments
- Make an annual contribution to the organization commensurate with ability
- Meet with potential donors/funders with the Executive Director
- Attend and actively participate in:
- board meetings (generally 1 per month, on the 4th Thursday)
- committee meetings and related work
- the annual planning retreat
- annual meetings
- fundraising events
- new board member orientation
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About We Care Tucson
3029 N. Stone Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85705, US
We Care Tucson's mission is to provide aid to the community by refurbishing, reusing, recycling and redistributing surplus goods.
We Care Tucson provides community aid to Tucson's most challenged families by redistributing goods, donated to us by the community. These goods include hygiene products, medical equipment and supplies, and computer technology for kids and adults who need them for school. We Care Tucson works FOR the community, with help FROM the community. Goods that might have ended up in a landfill are refurbished, reused, recycled and redistributed, We Care Tucson keeps thousands of pounds of waste out of our landfills annually while helping individuals, and families in need.