37 people are interested
On Call Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: YWCA South Hampton Roads
Please visit the new page to apply.
37 people are interested
On Call Crisis Counselor Volunteer
REPORTS TO: Hotline Services Manager
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To provide accompaniment services to victims of sexual assault and domestic violence
- Provide in person crisis intervention counseling, advocacy, information and referrals to YWCA forensic and hospital accompaniment clients.
- Collect statistical data and other information to be provided to YWCA staff.
- Maintain client confidentiality in accordance with the YWCA’s Confidentiality Policy.
- Adhere to the YWCA’s Mandated Reporter policy in collaboration with law enforcement, and forensic and medical personnel.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required.
- Completion of YWCA Onboarding (6 hours) and YWCA Advanced Training (24.5 hours) prior to start date. An On Call Training (4 hours) is also required prior to picking up shifts.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Minimum 60 hours of college credits, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a calm and supportive demeanor at all times
- Valid driver’s license & reliable transportation with ability to respond to various locations within 30 minutes of dispatch
- Demonstrate knowledge of the issues and dynamics involved with sexual and domestic violence as well as stalking and human trafficking
- Demonstrate ability to work well with people of various ethnic, racial and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Must have and maintain cell phone and service plan
About YWCA South Hampton Roads
500 E Plume St, Ste 700, Norfolk, VA 23510, US
MISSION: The YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. VISION: The YWCA South Hampton Roads is a source of strength, courage, and empowerment for women and families facing crisis. Our programs provide quality services responding to: the critical needs of survivors of sexual violence and domestic violence, the need for quality and affordable childcare, and opportunities to work collaboratively to eliminate racism in the community.
The YWCA of South Hampton Roads' crisis services works with survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, and human trafficking. For more information on our programs, services, and annual events, please visit www.ywca-shr.org.
YWCA of South Hampton Roads500 E Plume StSte 700Norfolk, VA 23510
March 15, 2022
- Crisis Counseling
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- For this position, you would choose your own shifts. You must be available to respond to accompaniments during your chosen times.
- Onboarding (6 hours), Advanced Training (24.5 hrs), and On Call Training (4-6 hrs)