Event Help - Project STEP
2 people are interested
Project STEP is hosting an evening to thank our donors, friends, and community. We are looking for volunteers who appreciate our mission to help check-in guests as they arrive to the venue, hand guests their name badges, and collect data. We also need volunteers to help set-up and clean-up for the event. Set-up is from 5-6 pm, the main event is from 6-8 pm, and clean-up is from 8-9 pm. You will also have a chance to see our talented music students in action when they play a short performance for guests. We hope you join our team and get involved. If you are not interested in this particular volunteer opportunity but still would like to get involved in the future we encourage you to fill out a volunteer form here: https://projectstep.dm.networkforgood.com/forms/be-a-project-step-volunteer
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About PROJECT STEP INC SYMPHONY HALL
301 MASSACHUSETTS AVE, BOSTON, MA 02115, US
Project STEP (String Training Education Program) recognizes that certain racial and ethnic minorities are vastly underrepresented in classical music. Our mission is to address this imbalance by identifying musically talented underrepresented students from Boston and surrounding communities, providing them with comprehensive music and string instrument instruction. We set the highest standards for disciplined study and performance, and offer a platform for students interested in pursuing classical music careers as well as other courses of study.
- We envision a world in which the classical music profession reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of our communities.
- Founded in 1982.
- Long-term program (K-12 out of school program).
- 100% of Project STEP graduates have gone on to college or conservatory.
- Approximately 60% of Project STEP alumni are in the classical music field.
- In 2014 the organization was awarded a National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Award through the Obama Administration.
- In 2016 Project STEP students and alumni played for President Obama's State Dinner at the White house in honor of the relationship between Singapore and the United States.
- To date (2019) the core program has the largest class in history of 62 students.
- Project STEP not only provides string training, but also teaches fundamental life skills including problem solving, collaboration, and critical thinking. We are proud that the lessons our students learn at STEP will resonate with them as they become adults and leaders of our community.
More Than Words242 E Berkeley StBoston, MA 02118
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 - 4 hours
- Must be friendly, outgoing, and organized!