Miscarriage Matters, Inc.
Please Note: *This is an unpaid/volunteer position.
Miscarriage Matters, Inc. is a non-profit organization offering global support to Mothers and Fathers devastated to the loss of a pregnancy, stillbirth and early infant loss. We are currently seeking an Executive Assistant to join our team.
The Executive Assistant will assist in daily operations that take place in the organization, reporting directly to the Director of Operations and CEO. The Director of Operations and the executive assistant will work closely, meet/discuss problems that arise during the day and determine a solution.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Must be able to work closely w/ Miscarriage Matters, Inc. leadership and team managers
- Have knowledge and understanding of each department
- Assist management team in making plans for future business ventures
- Participate in training new volunteers
- Provide support in gathering information for monthly team meetings
- Must be able to draft meeting agendas
- Ability to update volunteer roster and other databases as needed
- Must be able to monitor Miscarriage Matters email accounts and social media
- Assist teams in their daily duties as needed - i.e. schedule Facebook posts, cover live chat etc.
- Must be able to perform other duties as assigned
- Previous experience as an executive assistant
- Should be knowledgeable with Microsoft Word or Google Docs, email and Google Drive
- Must have experience in using computers and/or mobile devices
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- MUST be available daily
- MUST be active on Facebook and keep in touch with all volunteers and leadership
Miscarriage Matters, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
About Miscarriage Matters, Inc.
420 Spotsylvania Mall Drive, #41242, Fredericksburg, VA 22407, US
Our Mission: Miscarriage Matters, Inc. is a 501(c)3 public charity offering global support to parents devastated by Miscarriage, Stillbirth, and Early Infant Loss through programs that educate the public, inspire healing through service to others, and empower the hurting. http://www.mymiscarriagematters.org/
Our web based community offers support to the survivors of miscarriage, stillbirth, and early infant loss. Members are offered a one-on-one support and mentoring program that is tailored to their individual needs.
They will be connected with a Women of Empowerment mentor or a Miscarriage Matters 2 Men mentor who will offer support and encouragement. Our goal is to assist those who seek comfort, in hopes that one day, they will be strong enough to reach back and "pay it forward" in hopes of pulling someone else up.
This isn't just a support group, we're friends. Friends who have all gone through the same horrible ordeal, but are using the loss of our little ones as fuel to provide comfort for others. If you're a survivor who's healed, we'd like to also take this opportunity to offer you the chance to "pay it forward" and volunteer.