1 person is interested
As an Education Assistant, your main responsibility is to help students learn which entails reviewing content with them, explaining how to solve problems and checking completed work. An Education Assistant may also help students develop study skills and organizational techniques to help improve their academic performance.
- Providing homework support for youth ages 8-12 in all academic areas
- Answering questions, giving feedback; coaching and encouraging youth
- Monitoring safety of youth, equipment, and materials
- Working with and providing feedback to Program Staff
- Participating in Club wide events
- Being available on a consistent basis on the given days/hours established at the beginning of the term
- Helping members to learn how to find answers on their own
- Providing alternate enrichment activities (worksheets, independent reading, etc.) for members who have completed their homework
- Experience working with youth in the elements of tutoring
- Flexible, positive and dependable
- Culturally competent
- Willing to follow Program guidelines as well as all policies pertaining to staff while interacting with young people on Club property
- Experience in the educational field is a plus
- Bilingual is a plus but not required
About BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF GREATER LOWELL
657 MIDDLESEX STREET, LOWELL, MA 01851, US
To inspire and enable young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
With more than 100 years of history, the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell has been serving generations of the community’s youth as a safe place to learn and grow. We currently have over 300 club members, and we strive to help them develop into valued, impactful citizens within their community.
Currently, 21.5% of the Lowell population is in poverty, making Lowell the 16th most impoverished city in Massachusetts. In the 2015-2016 academic year, almost 20% of Lowell High School students did not graduate within 4 years.
The purpose of the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell is to provide the youth of Lowell with a safe space to challenge themselves academically, engage with their peers, adopt healthy habits, and become valued members of society.
We'll work with your schedule.
657 Middlesex StreetLowell, MA 01851
- General Education
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Hours: Monday-Friday 2:00 pm- 6:00 pm- Must be available at least one day a week