Fight poverty & put money back in the pockets of families in Maryland -- become a Tax Volunteer!
3 people are interested
Help us fight poverty by keeping money in the pockets of Maryland households who most need it! Tax Volunteers are trained and IRS certified to provide free tax preparation services for working families, helping them avoid costly tax prep fees and make the most of tax time credits.
- Meet individually with clients at sites in Baltimore and across the state of Maryland & review tax documents
- Prepare tax returns using professional tax software
- Connect clients to meaningful savings opportunities like U.S. Savings Bonds
- Must successfully complete free tax preparation training & pass IRS certification test
- Must maintain client confidentiality
- Ability to build rapport & discuss sensitive financial information with care
- Basic computer skills
- No prior tax experience is required
- A minimum of three 4-6 hour volunteer shifts during tax season (January to April)
- Tax Volunteers are required to attend one 3 hour online training & 1.5 days of classroom training
- Training takes place on weekends & evenings during January at Towson University
- Both new and returning Tax Volunteers must pass an open-book IRS certification exam
- Gain professional skills while helping Maryland families boost their financial stability!
- Free tax law and tax preparation training, culminating in official IRS certification
- Support from trained tax professionals
- Professional development and networking opportunities
- Volunteer Appreciation Party in May
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About CASH (Creating Assets, Savings, and Hope) Campaign of Maryland
217 E REDWOOD ST STE 1500, BALTIMORE, MD 21202, US
The CASH Campaign promotes programs, products, and policies that increase the financial security of low to moderate-income individuals and families across the state.
To accomplish its mission, CASH Campaign:
1. Leads a network of direct service providers that offer free tax preparation, financial education and coaching, benefits screening, and access to appropriate financial services;
2. Builds program capacity of local asset-building coalitions, partners, and practitioners;
3. Coordinates and expands access to free, fact-based financial education;
4. Leads research on program practices and innovative state policies;
5. Gathers and disseminates information on effective program practices and policies; and
6. Advocates for policies that promote financial security.
We'll work with your schedule.
575 S Charles StSuite 500Baltimore, MD 21201
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 14 hrs training and at least 12 hrs volunteering
- Must attend training and pass IRS certification exam