8 people are interested
Public Relations and Marketing Intern
8 people are interested
My Girlfriend's House, Inc. is a non-profit, 501 (c)(3) corporation, with headquarters and program space in Prince George’s County. We offer services to at-risk middle and high school girls in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area. Our mission is to empower teen girls living in poverty to break the cycle and maintain a positive understanding of self- worth, confidence, and professional advancement.
We are seeking a Public Relations and Marketing Intern to assist with the various responsibilities of a public relations/marketing/communications professional in a non-profit environment.
We are looking to add interns to our office environment who are motivated to further our mission.
* This is an unpaid internship and requires 16 hours a week for a 6 month period.
We are looking to fulfill this position as soon as possible.
Intern will get hands on experience in this field working directly with our executive director.
* Developing media relations for organization
* Ensuring visibility on TV, radio, newspaper and magazines
* Maintaining and increasing social media visibility
* Creating buzz campaigns for fundraisers, events, and company news
Intern must be knowledgeable on real-world writing, media relations, marketing and promotions. The overall goal of the Public Relations and Marketing intern is to increase the organization’s visibility by connecting us with TV, radio, online, and print media.
About My Girlfriend's House, Inc
9244 East Hampton Dr, Ste 621, Capitol Heights, MD 20743, US
As an organization of professional women, our mission is to improve the lives of the middle and high school teen girls we mentor with personal care items, school supplies and clothing and to prepare them for the adult/working world with mentoring, internship and college scholarship assistance.
My Girlfriend’s House, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization of professional women dedicated to both community service and friendship.
We work to improve the lives of at-risk middle and high school young ladies in Maryland, Virginia and D.C., with personal care items, school supplies and clothing, and helps them prepare for adulthood and the workplace with scholarships, mentoring and internship opportunities.
9244 East Hampton DrSte. 621Capitol Heights, MD 20743
August 11, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Full semester time commitment (fall, spring, summer). Graduation field placement credits provided upon completion.
- 16 hours weekly based on students school schedule.