12 people are interested
12 people are interested
My Girlfriend's House, Inc. is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation, with headquarters and program space
in Prince George’s County. We offer services to at-risk middle and high school girls in the Washington
D.C. metropolitan area. Our mission is to empower teen girls living in poverty to break the cycle and
maintain a positive understanding of self- worth, confidence, and professional advancement.
We are seeking an Admin Intern to work closely with our Program Coordinator and Executive Director to
assist with our office’s daily operational functions.
* This is an unpaid internship and requires 16 hours a week for a 6 month period.
We are looking to fulfill this position as soon as possible.
Intern will get hands on experience in this field working directly with our executive director.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage incoming calls and inquiries
- Maintain client, vendor and volunteer files
- Oversee food and supply inventory
- Schedule new student intakes
- Mail thank you cards to funders
- Oversee local gift card and corporate giving campaigns
- Input monthly transactions in accounting systems
- Reconcile books in a timely manner
Administrative Intern must be comfortable using Microsoft office suite. Intern must also
be able to manage multiple tasks at once, and at times make decisions independently.
Excellent communication skills required.
About My Girlfriend's House, Inc
9244 East Hampton Dr, Ste 621, Capitol Heights, MD 20743, US
As an organization of professional women, our mission is to improve the lives of the middle and high school teen girls we mentor with personal care items, school supplies and clothing and to prepare them for the adult/working world with mentoring, internship and college scholarship assistance.
My Girlfriend’s House, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization of professional women dedicated to both community service and friendship.
We work to improve the lives of at-risk middle and high school young ladies in Maryland, Virginia and D.C., with personal care items, school supplies and clothing, and helps them prepare for adulthood and the workplace with scholarships, mentoring and internship opportunities.
9244 East Hampton St. 621Capitol Heights, MD 20743
August 11, 2021
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Full semester time commitment (fall, spring, summer). Graduation field placement credits provided upon completion.
- 16 hours weekly based on students school schedule.