5 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Make-A-Wish Wyoming
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Make-A-Wish Wyoming! A wish granter will meet with the wish child and family members to help determine the child’s most heartfelt wish while brainstorming and planning special enhancements throughout the wish process. Wish granters typically work in teams of two alongside Make-A-Wish staff to ensure every eligible child’s wish comes true.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include the following:
- Partner with other volunteer wish granters to help grant the wishes of children throughout Wyoming
- Visit the wish child, with the goal of discerning his/her one true wish and the reasons behind it, then communicating that information to chapter staff
- Complete and submit wish paperwork to Make-A-Wish Wyoming in a clear and timely manner
- Create a unique and memorable experience for the wish child by planning and delivering a creative and thoughtful wish "sneak peek" and wish celebration for each wish child
- Solicit in-kind donations, ensuring Make-A-Wish donations are used wisely
- Develop a rapport with the wish child and family by serving as a liaison between chapter staff and the wish family, ensuring the family is updated on the status of the wish throughout the process
- Act as a reliable, communicative and productive member of the wish team by working closely with other volunteers and Make-A-Wish staff to create the best possible wish experience for the child
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate.
- Passion for children and high comfort level with interacting with children ages 2½ to 18
- Creative thinker with the drive to provide hope, strength and joy with each wish
- Excellent people skills with the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds, especially children with critical illnesses, and effectively manage expectations
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong communication skills
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and maintain confidentiality
- Resourceful and self-motivated with a willingness to solicit in-kind donations
- Bonus: Bilingual abilities in written and spoken form
Location and scheduling
- Meetings may take place at the wish family’s home or at a neutral location, such as a restaurant or treatment facility. Meetings are scheduled based on the commitments of the wish family and the volunteers. Parties and celebrations may be planned for the wish family’s home or a nearby venue, such as the child’s school or treatment facility or a community space such as a restaurant or bowling alley, etc.
- Reach out to the family within two weeks of being assigned to the wish to introduce yourselves
- Stay in contact with the family and chapter staff throughout the wish process
- Complete wish granter training sessions as assigned by chapter staff
- Maintain confidentiality
- Please contact Michele Lloyd, operations manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 307.234.9474.
More opportunities with Make-A-Wish Wyoming
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Make-A-Wish Wyoming
236 W. First St., Casper, WY 82601, US
Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.
Together, we create life-changing wishes for Wyoming children with critical illnesses. Our volunteers across the state work to make these wishes come true and to bring hope, strength and joy to children and their families when it is needed most.
236 West First StreetCasper, WY 82601
March 25, 2022
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training