DONATE TO THIS
23 people are interested
Save a child and create a family. Impact Board Members wanted in DC...
ORGANIZATION: Gift of Adoption Fund
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
23 people are interested
Are you looking to evolve your purpose in life? Are you passionate about children and family? Consider joining a board for a non-profit that is driven by a singular mission with a huge impact:
The Gift of Adoption Fund seeks to fill the void that separates child from family through adoption completion grants, giving vulnerable children a permanent home and the chance to thrive.
We are a national 501(c)(3) charity that provides the final funds that prospective adoptive parents need to complete the adoptions of vulnerable children from within the U.S. and from around the world. We are looking to grow the existing team in the DC metro area with business and community leaders who:
- Are passionate about serving to help save children and create families.
- Are well-connected in the market/metro area and want to truly move the needle as it relates to vulnerable children finding a permanent home. - Enjoy connecting people and finding partnership opportunities.
- Want to make a real and measurable impact with a personal gift of $1000, and find other philanthropically-minded individuals and companies to do the same.
We expect that you will:
- Participate in one board call a month.
- Make a $1000 personal donation each year that you serve, and seek other philanthropically-minded individuals and companies to do the same.
- Be a part of the Grant Selection Committee and take an active part in grant applications and awards.
- Work with the other board members to collectively raise awareness for the cause through online campaigns, experiences and/or events as deemed necessary.
We are a team of smart, dedicated (and fun!) people who believe that a loving family is a basic human right. If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk! 100% of the donations we receive will turn in to adoption grants! We are structured in such a way that we don't take percentages or dollar amounts out of the donations we receive to fund our operating expenses. Since 1996, we have awarded $8MM+ in grants to support 3500+ adoptions because of the great work that our friends, supporters, donors and board members do. If you are looking to make a real change happen in the world, it starts with the children.
Reach out to us today with the following information:
- Why are you interested in the Gift of Adoption Fund?
- What unique qualities and characteristics can you bring to our organization?
About Gift of Adoption Fund
1200 Shermer Road, Suite 111, Northbrook, IL 60062, US
Gift of Adoption is a national charitable organization that inspires adoption by providing grants to help fund adoptions-- giving children permanent, loving families and the chance to thrive.
We believe a child without a family is one of life's great tragedies because a child without a permanent home suffers. Orphanages and foster homes do not offer permanent solutions for the millions of children who need families. All children deserve the dignity and love that comes from being a part of a family. Gift of Adoption is committed to creating those families. Gift of Adoption is a national charitable organization that inspires adoption by providing grants to help fund adoptions-- giving children permanent, loving families and the chance to thrive.
Through Gift of Adoption, you can give time and donations to support adoption.
Even if you can't open your home, you can open your heart and transform the life of a child.
Located anywhere iin the DC metro areaWashington, DC 20022
May 4, 2022
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Project Management
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 30
- Our board members spend, on average, 1 to 10 hours per month on GOA Fund-related activities.
- • 10+ years of combined professional experience • Previous success hitting a fundraising goal • Large professional and social networks and • Evidence of business and community leadership and advocacy.