Make a positive impact in the lives of older adults! Serve a year in Lufkin, TX
Make a positive impact in the lives of older adults!
Join the Area Agency on Aging of Deep East Texas in empowering older adults to lead independent and dignified lives. Experience a year of national service in Lufkin, home to the headquarters of four United States National Forests and two United States National Grasslands in Texas.
Are you patient, compassionate, and eager to build relationships within the rural Deep East area?
Dive into the world of aging services! As an Age Well Live Well VISTA Member, you will serve as a catalyst for change. You will work with community members to advance local solutions for local challenges. You will gain experience in public health, Evidence-Based Interventions, partnership building, and community engagement.
Learn more about serving a year with AmeriCorps
Learn more about this position and submit your application
About Texas Health and Human Services Commission Aging Services Coordination
701 West 51st Street, Austin, TX 78751, US
Texas Health and Human Services Mission: Improving the health, safety and well-being of Texans with good stewardship of public resources. Vision: Making a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve.
The Aging Services Coordination (ASC) office coordinates and promotes the states aging services and programs to ensure older Texans and communities are provided with information and resources to help them prepare for aging issues. ASC also administers programs and special projects designed to grow local capacity and enhance the quality of life for older Texans.
Support older Texans to age and live well by:
- connecting and coordinating aging services and programs;
- building partnerships to enhance and expand existing resources;
- raising awareness of aging issues and available resources; and
- creating innovative programs to meet needs.
Deep East Texas Council of GovernmentsLufkin, TX 75902
- Elder care
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Internet Research
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteer in Service to America) members serve full time for one-year terms for up to five years. Join the nearly 8,000 annually who make this commitment.
- Access to a car is required. Excellent communication skills, including active listening, are essential. We recommend that candidates begin researching housing options in the area as soon as possible.