Accounts Payable (AP) Assistant
4 people are interested
To support AP staff with manual and time-consuming processes that are not complicated accounting functions to facilitate timely and accurate payments to vendors.
- Prepare employee, volunteer and foster care vacation pay invoices for reimbursement.
- Prepare MED B and cost-effective payments for entry in the AP system-
- verify supplier is in system
- verify previous month’s payment in Aspen
- validate address
- Check incomplete SSIS invoices each week to verify that a completed invoice has been received and discard file copy of the incomplete invoice.
- Arrange daily SSIS payment batch.
- Verify the address on returned invoices against the address in the AP system.
- Confirm that contract invoices have been previously paid prior to sending to staff for processing.
- File and purge invoices and vouchers as instructed.
About Ramsey County
160 E. Kellogg Blvd #9800, St. Paul, MN 55101, US
Vision: A vibrant community where all are valued and thrive. Mission: A county of excellence working with you to enhance our quality of life. Goals: Strengthen individual, family and community health, safety and well-being through effective safety-net services, innovative programming, prevention and early intervention, and environmental stewardship. Cultivate economic prosperity and invest in neighborhoods with concentrated financial poverty through proactive leadership and inclusive initiatives that engage all communities in decisions about our future. Enhance access to opportunity and mobility for all residents and businesses through connections to education, employment and economic development throughout our region. Model fiscal accountability, transparency and strategic investments through professional operations and financial management.
Ramsey County's departments are organized into four Service Teams and a Strategic Team. Volunteer opportunities are available with the following teams
- Economic Growth and Community Investment Service Team: Library system and Parks & Recreation Department.
- Health and Wellness Service Team: Community Corrections, Financial Assistance Services, Healthcare Services (Ramsey County Care Center and the Lake Owasso Residence), Public Health, Social Services and Veterans Services.
- Safety and Justice Service Team: Sheriff’s Department and Emergency Management & Homeland Security.
- Strategic Team: Advisory Boards & Committees
When you volunteer for Ramsey County, you are doing more than a good deed. You are developing skills, learning more about career options and meeting new friends and contacts, all while making a positive impact on your community.
We'll work with your schedule.
Ramsey County Government Center East160 East Kellogg BlvdSaint Paul, MN 55101
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- The minimum commitment is four hours per week for a three-month term. Scheduling is flexible within the regular business hours of the location and is arranged with supervising staff.
- • Post-secondary education or work experience in accounting or book-keeping. • Be able to operate office equipment such as a computer, copy machine, fax machine, multi-line telephone system, scanner, etc. • Self-directed, willing to take initiative