Become an Advisory Committee member
YOLO COUNTY LIBRARY FOUNDATION
We are currently recruiting new Advisory Committee members to join us for a two-year term.
We’re Looking For Advisory Committee Members Who:
Reasons to Join the YCLF Advisory Committee:
- Are dedicated to Yolo County Library Foundation’s mission "to enhance the ability of the Yolo County Library to provide library services."
- Can monitor and support the Foundation’s progress toward achieving its funding priorities.
- Will serve as ambassadors, foster a positive public image, and educate the public about the Foundation’s goals and accomplishments.
- Can leverage business and professional relationships to bring awareness to the fundraising and programmatic efforts of the Foundation.
- Can attend meetings twice each year.
- Provide strategic advice to the Board of Directors that empowers them to make knowledgeable decisions.
- Help Yolo County Library Foundation enhance the Library’s ability to provide high quality library services, programs and materials.
- Make a positive impact in suburban and rural communities in Yolo County.
- Engage with other professionals who have a passion for public library services
- Make new friendships and connections.
Please visit https://yclfoundation.org to learn more about our organization.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About YOLO COUNTY LIBRARY FOUNDATION
226 BUCKEYE ST, WOODLAND, CA 95695, US
The Yolo County Library Foundation (YCLF) supports the Library’s mission to "provide access for all to ideas that inform, entertain, and inspire."
The Yolo County Library Foundation was established in December 2016 with an anonymous donation. A fund was established with the Yolo Community Foundation, an affiliate of the Sacramento Region Community Foundation.
A founding Board of Directors was established in 2017 and YCLF became a nonprofit organization that obtained tax exempt status from both the IRS and the California State Franchise Tax Board in 2018.
YCLF receives grants, donations and contributions that promote and advance educational, informational, and recreational literary activities and lifelong learning opportunities.
YCLF has established the following funding priorities:
* To match, supplement and augment programs, services, collections, and facilities
* To collaborate with the Friends of the Library organizations to support library services
* To provide re-granting opportunities for staff-initiated programs, outreach and other projects as determined by the Foundation Board.