We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
OneOC has 1 more opportunity, please check it out.See Opportunities
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
OneOC: RSVP Nature Stewards Needed at Goin Native (ages 55+)
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
OneOC hosts RSVP volunteers in local Orange County nonprofits to ensure that those most in need of education, food security, food delivery and employment receive the help they need most. RSVP volunteers choose where and how often they want to serve, with commitments ranging from a few hours a month to 40 hours per week.
Benefits of RSVP:
* Personalized Matching - RSVP Orange County has over three decades of experience in matching volunteers with opportunities to meet community needs. We are here to find you the right opportunity for your passions, skills, interests, and your active 55+ lifestyle and schedule
* Volunteer Insurance - additional excess accident medical coverage while volunteering
* Recognition - members are eligible for annual recognition including the station & volunteer testimonial, Volunteer Service Pledge Certificates, Presidential Volunteer Service Awards, special events and more
* Community Engagement - OneOC newsletters, e-news, website including new opportunities, events, training opportunities and more
About RSVP Program Station: Goin’ Native gives back to the community by creating, caring for and maintaining sustainable public butterfly gardens for all to enjoy. We help people and plants thrive together through our private and public weekly park programs.
Location: San Juan Capistrano, CA
Volunteer Opportunity: No garden experience required to volunteer. The only requirement is that you have a willing attitude and a heart to beautify butterfly gardens with others! Wear closed-toe shoes, wear comfortable clothing, and feel welcome to bring your own garden tools/gardening gloves but not required. *Due to Covid-19, we ask that you wear a mask and practice safe social distancing.
Typical duties: Volunteers will complete tasks including: watering, planting, seed start-up, raising beds, raking, harvesting, fortifying soil to grow plants, herbs, and farm fresh food.
Locations are listed below:
- The Los Rios Park Butterfly Sanctuary: Monday & Friday (8-10am)
- Casa de Amma: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday (9 - 10am)
3 Saturdays per month (9:30-10:30am)
Hours of Volunteer Service: RSVP volunteers can come out ant volunteer whenever during the hours of operation. This organization supports a drop-in schedule because any amount of contributed time is valuable!
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible to participate as an RSVP Volunteer, the candidate must be age 55 or older and complete a RSVP online registration.
How to Apply: You may apply directly to the RSVP Volunteer Program by emailing RSVP@oneoc.org.
*This is a volunteer non-paid opportunity.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
1901 E. 4th Street, Suite 100, Santa Ana, CA 92705, US
To Accelerate Nonprofit Success
OneOC is the leading nonprofit of its kind in Orange County, whose mission is "To accelerate nonprofit success." OneOC is committed to developing deep and meaningful experiences for our nonprofits and companies as they serve their respective communities. Our clients benefit from an array of service solutions including volunteer services, organizational development, back-office support and community engagement.
31661 Los Rios StreetSan Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
April 28, 2022
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 1-40 hours weekly
- To be eligible to participate as an RSVP Volunteer, the candidate must be age 55 or older and complete a RSVP online registration.