OneOC: RSVP (ages 55+) End Hunger Food Security/Distribution for San Bernardino Food Bank
OneOC hosts RSVP volunteers in local Orange County nonprofits to ensure that those most in need of education, food security, food delivery and employment receive the help they need most. RSVP volunteers choose where and how often they want to serve, with commitments ranging from a few hours a month to 40 hours per week.
Benefits of RSVP:
- Personalized Matching - RSVP Orange County has over three decades of experience in matching volunteers with opportunities to meet community needs. We are here to find you the right opportunity for your passions, skills, interests, and your schedule
- Volunteer Insurance - excess accident medical coverage while volunteering
- Recognition - members are eligible for annual recognition including the Presidential Volunteer Service Awards, special events and more
- Community Engagement - newsletters, e-news, website including new opportunities, events, training opportunities and more
About RSVP Station: CAPSBC works with our low-income communities by supporting, advocating for and empowering low-income residents to achieve self-reliance and economic stability. The San Bernardino County Food Bank operates several separate and distinct food programs.
Location: San Bernardino County, CA
Station sites in Bloomington, Chino, Colton, Grand Terrace, Rancho Cucamonga, Rialto, CA.
Volunteer Opportunity: Volunteers needed to perform a variety of picking/receiving, inventory control, and stocking activities. unload food items, materials and supplies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives, unloads, inspects, unpacks, stores and maintains various supplies, equipment, materials and food products in proper storage areas.
- Picks/pulls product for agency partner orders
- Verifies for accuracy invoices/billing, shipping documents/packing slips.
- Packs, loads, and supplies equipment, materials and food products.
- Notes discrepancies between recorded inventory and actual count
- Maintains all areas of the warehouse in a clean and neat manner, meeting environmental health standards.
- Lifts and moves heavy objects and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds manually.
- Conducts other duties as assigned
Requirements: Basic computer data entry, math knowledge and care driven customer service required. In good physical condition as there may be light lifting, up to 25 lbs. A uniform apron, shower cap and gloves will be provided, dress casual comfortable and wear closed-toe shoes.
Hours of Volunteer Service: RSVP volunteers may serve 1-40 hours weekly. Monday - Friday (some Saturday events, if needed)
*This is a volunteer non-paid opportunity.
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible to participate as an RSVP Volunteer, the candidate must be age 55 or older and complete the RSVP application.
How to Apply: You may apply directly to the RSVP Volunteer Program HERE:
1901 E. 4th Street, Suite 100, Santa Ana, CA 92705, US
To Accelerate Nonprofit Success
OneOC is the leading nonprofit of its kind in Orange County, whose mission is "To accelerate nonprofit success." OneOC is committed to developing deep and meaningful experiences for our nonprofits and companies as they serve their respective communities. Our clients benefit from an array of service solutions including volunteer services, organizational development, back-office support and community engagement.