My Neighborhood Mobile Grocery - Center Line Park Senior Towers
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
MY NEIGHBORHOOD MOBILE GROCERY
My Neighborhood Mobile Grocery (MNMG) is a nutritionally-focused mobile grocery retail model that provides individuals with low access to quality, affordable foods with a new and innovative shopping option within their communities. Offering a wide, competitively priced product mix that balances client choice with nutritional products, educational programming, and free food give-a-ways to incentivize increased consumption of fruits and vegetables, MNMG extends the purchasing power of shoppers.
Volunteers are needed to greet shoppers, assemble orders on our truck, bag orders for customers, and assist with market set-up and tear-down. Volunteers must be at least 14 years old.
- Wed Oct 30, 2019 - 04:00 PM to 06:00 PM
- Wed Nov 06, 2019 - 04:00 PM to 06:00 PM
- Wed Nov 13, 2019 - 04:00 PM to 06:00 PM
- Wed Nov 20, 2019 - 04:00 PM to 06:00 PM
- Wed Dec 04, 2019 - 04:00 PM to 06:00 PM
- Wed Dec 11, 2019 - 04:00 PM to 06:00 PM
- Wed Dec 18, 2019 - 04:00 PM to 06:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE DAYS WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Gleaners Community Food Bank of Southeastern Michigan
2131 Beaufait, Detroit, MI 48207, US
Gleaners Community Food Bank, with broad community support, fights hunger in southeastern Michigan.
For more than 40 years, Gleaners Community Food Bank has been "feeding hungry people and nourishing our communities." Last year, Gleaners distributed 42 million pounds of emergency food to 499 partner soup kitchens, shelters and pantries in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Livingston, and Monroe counties.
Of every dollar donated, Gleaners uses 97 cents for food and food programs. One dollar provides three meals for a hungry neighbor.
8033 East Ten Mile RdCenter Line, MI 48015
- People 55+
- Must be at least 14
- Please no court ordered volunteers