Patient Liaison Volunteer for Interventional Radiology
5 people are interested
Patient Liaison Volunteers in Interventional Radiology assist with the following tasks:
- Greet and create a positive, caring environment for patients, families and visitors who come to the clinic.
- Offer a warm and welcoming environment for all who enter the department by socializing and engaging with patients and their families.
- Provide transport or wheelchair assistance as directed by the staff.
- Assist with escorting patients to assigned rooms and locations.
- Turn over rooms including linen changes and proper bay cleaning after a patient leaves in preparation for the next patient.
- Restock supplies, supply closets and assist with inventory and par levels.
- Provide clerical duties to include filing, copying, organizing, etc.
- Clean surfaces of tables and desk tops as well as chairs and other public surfaces.
- Provide patient with warm blanket as necessary.
- Provide patient with beverage after procedure as directed by staff.
- Assist with taking trash to soiled utility room.
- Assist with taking dirty linen bags to soiled utility room.
- In cases of emergency, stay out of the way and assist with helping visitors stay clear of the staff.
- Refer any patient or other complaints to a staff person.
- Contact security if there is ever a situation that is uncomfortable, questionable, or hostile.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About University of Kansas Health System
4000 Cambridge Street, Kansas City, KS 66106, US
As an academic health system serving the people of Kansas, the region and the nation, The University of Kansas Health System will enhance the health and wellness of the individuals, families and communities we serve by: •Providing efficient, value-added, effective patient-centered care and outcomes that are second to none •Working with institutions across the continuum of care to advance optimal outcomes •Preparing future healthcare professionals to efficiently and effectively manage healthcare outcomes •Discovering and deploying new approaches that transform the way care is delivered
Patients are truly at the heart of everything we do. Since the beginning, the hospital created a business model of a patient-focused hospital. The phenomenal growth and success of our hospital is directly attributed to our determination to give patients the best medical care and the best personal care we can provide.
We believe our rankings as a top regional and national provider validate our focus on the patient as our number one priority.
The focus on the patient represents improved quality of life, lives saved and patients who feel truly cared for.
We'll work with your schedule.
4000 Cambridge StreetKansas City, KS 66160
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 4 hours/week for at least 6 months