Event Planner: Sponsorship/Fundraising Committee Chair, Greater Tampa Bay Walk to Defeat ALS
The ALS Association Florida Chapter
A Sponsorship/Fundraising Committee Chair is needed to assist in realizing the goals of the Greater Tampa Bay Walk to Defeat ALS. The Sponsorship/Fundraising Committee Chair works closely with Regional Development Manager to solicit individual and corporate donors and sponsors including letters, phone calls, and personal visits, and provides oversight to fulfillment of sponsor/donor contracts. The Sponsorship/Fundraising Committee Chair works at their own pace starting immediately until shortly after the event (a few hours a week), to include attending/calling in to a monthly meeting (1 hour per month) and attending the event to assist with day-of duties (5-7 hours).
The Greater Tampa Bay Walk to Defeat ALS has a direct impact on people living with ALS by raising awareness and funds to realize the mission of The ALS Association Florida Chapter: creating a world without ALS. The Chapter is fighting this disease by participating in advocacy, providing patient services, helping fund research, and providing financial support to statewide multidisciplinary ALS clinics and research facilities, enabling them to increase quality patient care.
The Greater Tampa Bay Walk to Defeat ALS will be held Saturday, May 2, at USF in Tampa.
About The ALS Association Florida Chapter
3242 Parkside Center Circle, Tampa, FL 33619, US
OUR VISION Create a world without ALS. OUR MISSION To discover treatments and a cure for ALS, and to serve, advocate for, and empower people affected by ALS to live their lives to the fullest.
- People with ALS and their families come first in everything we do.
- Scientific credibility and innovation are the hallmarks of our research program.
- Commitment to excellence and professionalism are key tenets at all levels of our organization.
- We are one team with one vision and one mission working together.
- Collaboration and partnership within our organization and with others who share our vision and values are key to sustained success in the fight against ALS.
- Integrity, honesty and ethical behavior guide all our endeavors.
- Mutual respect is the cornerstone for all our working relationships.
- Diversity of ideas, cultures, ethnicities and backgrounds strengthen our efforts.
- Financial strength enables us to accomplish our goals.