Welcome Refugees to Philadelphia!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
21 people are interested
Help create welcoming spaces by setting up refugees first homes in the United States. We invite individuals, families and groups to sponsor new families providing goods and assisting with the cleaning and set up of refugees' new homes.
After the families arrives, we invite you to connect with our new neighbors through a shared meal!
About Nationalities Service Center
1216 Arch Street, 4th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19107, US
Serving Immigrants and Refugees since 1921
Nationalities Service Center (NSC) is a non-profit organization that provides social, educational and legal services to immigrants and refugees in the Greater Philadelphia area. Our strength lies in the diversity of our clients and services. Since NSC’s founding in 1921, our mission has been to help immigrants and refugees participate fully in American society.
History and Mission:
Nationalities Service Center (NSC) is a non-profit organization that provides social, educational and legal services to immigrants and refugees in the Greater Philadelphia area. Our strength lies in the diversity of our clients and services. Since NSC’s founding in 1921, our mission has been to help immigrants and refugees participate fully in American society. Each year, we help approximately 4,000 individuals from over 90 countries. We implement this mission by meeting five main objectives:
- Protecting the legal rights of all immigrants
- Empowering immigrants and refugees, including the most vulnerable, on the path toward social adjustment
- Strengthening immigrant communities
- Advocating for fair and humane policies toward immigrants and refugees
- Promoting the value of diversity in the Philadelphia region
Our vision is to be an agency that, working at both the individual and community levels, helps immigrants not only survive but also thrive in their new home. Integral to our vision is that we have and hold ourselves to a high standard of quality in our work, and that we carry out our work in the most responsive, ethical, and fiscally responsible manner possible. We see NSC as a service provider and advocate for all immigrants in the region, with a particular role to address the needs of the most vulnerable immigrants.
- We value the inherent strength of those we serve and their capacity to successfully direct their lives, and we value the role we can play in helping them to resolve problems in areas in which we have valuable expertise and experience.
- We respect all immigrants and members of the community, so that our services are of high quality, are culturally and linguistically appropriate and accessible, and are available to the vulnerable and those without other options, regardless of immigration status.
- We value both the individual and the community and strive to be of service at the community as well as individual level.
We'll work with your schedule.
1216 Arch St, 4th FloorPhiladelphia, PA 19107
- Home Repair
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Approximately 3 hours per set up.
- Child Abuse and Criminal Background check required to provide ongoing support to family.