Lodi Lake Nature Area Docent Program
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
- Have a desire to share Lodi Lakes unique environment with students and other visitors
- No prior knowledge of the Nature Area, earth sciences, etc. needed
- Fill out a short application
- Pass a fingerprint and background check (paid for by Lodi Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Dept.)
- Receive a Lodi Lake Nature Area Docent’s manual to study
- Shadow experienced Docents on the trails
- Then lead tours of the Nature Area monthly and/or staff the Discovery Center.
- Attend the monthly Docent meetings that provide continuing education with a variety of presentations on subjects that relate to nature and stewardship
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About City of Lodi Park and Recreation
230 W Elm St, Lodi, CA 95240, US
Lodi Lake Nature Area Docent Program, is part of the City of Lodi Parks and Recreation. We aim to provide nature education to young and old alike, by offering docent lead tours of our 58-acre Park at Lodi Lake. Our site includes Lodi Lake, Nature trail, Discovery Center, play structures, boating/water recreation, picnicking and much more.
Within the 110-acre Lodi Lake Park lies the 58-acre Nature Area. Every year thousands of students and visitors tour the Nature Area with the help of a Lodi Lake Nature Area Docent.
These visitors are experiencing nature in the middle of the city, learning about the native plants and animals, and understanding how the Native American’s used and protected this land.
The Docents support these experiences by sharing their knowledge of the area. The Docents also use the tour opportunities to encourage students to become better stewards of their environment.
Now, you can become one of these special, unique individuals.
We'll work with your schedule.
1101 W. Turner Rd.Lodi, CA 95242
- General Education
- Youth Services
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- Public Speaking
- Outdoor Recreation
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Ideally we ask that you be available for at least one tour a month, 2 hours, but more is always preferred.
- Ability to stand/walk or move without person assistance, on unpaved surface.