Do you live in the Helena Area? Become a Special Events Coordinator with Special Olympics today!
1 person is interested
Special Olympics in the Helena Area is actively searching for a Special Events Coordinator!
Do you want to spread the joy of Special Olympics by planning local events and recruiting others to help? If so, the Special Events Coordinator might be the position for you!
Primary Purpose: The Special Events Coordinator plays an instrumental role in raising funds for Special Olympics athletes and area programs by coordinating special events that will help to both raise awareness and funds in the various local communities within the Area’s geographic region. The Special Events Coordinator works closely with local businesses, community members, the Area Management Team, Local Program Coordinators and athletes to develop healthy relationships and sustainable, ongoing fundraising opportunities in their Area.
- Fundraising Plan: Work with Area Management Team to develop an annual Area Fundraising Plan.
- Research: Search for "turn key" fundraising opportunities in local communities served by the Area Management Team (AMT) and research timelines, processes and present opportunities to the AMT prior to taking action.
- Special Events Coordination: Work to develop action plans for each event, recruit volunteer assistance as needed, and coordinate team, volunteer and community participation in the event.
- Committees: Serve on Special Events committees as needed and offer assistance to ensure success. Committees include LETR events, if needed.
- Approval Forms: With the assistance of SOMT staff, submit Fundraising Approval Forms for all new special event fundraising initiatives in the Area.
- Calendar & Contact Lists: With the help of the entire AMT, all planning committees and SOMT staff, maintain an Area list of special event contacts and ensure all events are posted on the Area and SOMT website calendars.
- Meetings: Provide progress reports on expenses and revenes for each special event at monthly AMT meetings.
Visit our website to know more about Special Olympics Montana at www.somt.org!
For more information about this position email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Special Olympics Montana
710 1st Ave N, Great Falls, MT 59401, US
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes, and the community.
Special Olympics Montana is a nonprofit organization designed to provide year-round, statewide programs of physical fitness, sports training and athletic competition for children and adults with intellectual disabilities and closely related developmental disabilities.
Learn more at www.somt.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
TriCounty - Special OlympicsHelena, MT 59601
- Event Design & Planning
- Data Entry
- Event Planning / Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Special Needs
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 - 5 hours per week. Hours may vary depending on season.
- Interested? Contact the Tri-County Outreach Coordinator email@example.com