Services to the Armed Forces Volunteer Position-Join!
American Red Cross
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Support the Red Cross mission
* Maintain strict confidentiality of any case notes, names and other personal information in accordance with Red Cross policies
* Understand and apply Service to Armed Forces (SAF) policies, procedures and protocols related to Red Cross client services consistently and correctly
* Support the follow up process to include making follow-up calls to military members and/or families to determine if their needs are met, providing other follow-up actions needed for complete and timely client service
* Acquire a working knowledge of local, state and federal resources aiding military members, families and veterans
* Maintain professionalism and conduct as stated in Red Cross policy
* Successful American Red Cross background check
* Complete required national training and locally developed orientation
* Able to support Red Cross SAF mission; have an awareness of and appreciation for military culture, military families, and veterans' issues
* Demonstrated ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances and instill trust in others while upholding the values and principles of the American Red Cross
* Ability to apply active listening skills and employ reasoning and questioning strategies to capture, analyze, and interpret information from clients, staff, and management
* Good computer skills to include use of Internet search tools; Intranet; and Microsoft Office Suite, to include Outlook, word-processing, database and/or spreadsheet applications
* Effective interviewing skills and a sound knowledge of telephone and in-person etiquette and pleasant and friendly manners respectful of human dignity
Orientation to the American Red Cross
* Specific SAF on-line casework and case management system training
* Specific SAF classroom training regarding practices, policies and procedures
* SAF Basic Training webinars (SAF Overview; Military 101; Family Follow-up; etc.)
* Familiarization with the Client Assistance Manual (CAM)
* Diversity, Sensitivity and Awareness eLearning (Recommended)
LOCATIONS FOR VOLUNTEERING VARY.
About American Red Cross
250 Jari Drive, Johnstown, PA 15904, US
Mission Statement The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the Red Cross.
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.