Become part of the Disaster Action Team in your community.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Disaster Action Teams provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters, particularly house fires, ensuring that those affected have access to resources for basic necessities such as food, shelter and clothing.
This position is responsible for the tasks involved in the Disaster Action Team program including:
1. Supporting the annual goals, RDO objectives, and regional/chapter plan for DAT services through participation in meetings, projects, and local response activities.
2. Completes all required training and maintains current training standard as DAT program requirements change.
3. Attends regular team meetings and training as required by the region/territory.
4. Completes assigned projects and local response activities according to the needs of the DAT program. (Preparing vehicles, response materials, administrative support of the DAT program and other tasks assigned by the DAT Leader.
* Follow and execute requests received from supervisor with little or no supervision.
* Adapt to change, negotiate compromise and tolerate ambiguity.
* Build effective relationships with others who can help with work-related goals.
Team member may work towards the DAT Service Associate response position.
About American Red Cross
250 Jari Drive, Johnstown, PA 15904, US
Mission Statement The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the Red Cross.
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
Brady StreetDubois, PA 15801
- Disaster Cleanup
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Search & Rescue
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training