17 people are interested
17 people are interested
Do you excel at administrative work? Do you care about forgotten/abused teens? If so, we need your help!
Spring Reins of Life is searching for an administrative assistant(s) to help us keep solvent and in touch as we work to pull out of a 15 month Covid19-NJ lockdown. This would include:
- Maintaining project spreadsheets and contacts for potential sponsors, donors, and supports (both in funding and good/services
- Researching and creating outreach steps to secure needed items of donation, or discounts to apply towards the things we will need for the Herd and farm
- Some projects would include crowd funding measures and/or social media platform utilization to get the funding needs for specific projects out to the public to garner needed support
- Create unique ways of getting our message out and to advocate in our community for specialty volunteers and also potential programming partners to engage once Covid restrictions are lifted
- Assistance provided to SRoL's volunteer coordinator to keep help and support coming (both physically and virtually)
In our arena, horses save lives!
Since 2012, Spring Reins of Life has offered equine-assisted therapy to over 1300 at-risk teens and over 1000 NJ veterans. The majority of our clients do not want to or simple can not "talk about it". Most have never been around a horse before, yet they tell us it's the one thing that can bring them peace, present moment and rebuild trust. Consider joining our Herd from the back of the barn (behind the scenes).
About Spring Reins of Life - Horses, Humans & Healing
c/o: Hunt Cap Farms, 401 Main Street, Three Bridges, NJ 08887, US
Spring Reins of Life (Horses, Humans & Healing)'s MISSION is to provide a safe, healing and empowered path to peace, positive growth and self-guided recovery with the assistance of Horses as our guides for trauma survivors who do not want to, refuse to, or simply cannot "talk about it". We serve combat veterans, at risk teens & young bereaved children in New Jersey.
Spring Reins of Life (SRoL) is a non-profit 501c3 organization. We are an EAGALA Model program offering Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP) and Equine Assisted Learning (EAL) which incorporates the use of horses for therapeutic intervention toward promoting emotional growth and healing. We do not offer any riding or mounted work in our program. While there are many benefits to horseback riding, the EAGALA model is a solution focused base that enhances the emotional benefits of behavioral rehearsal and experiential component that is displayed when observing the horses in free will interacting with clients. The core populations that we serve are combat veterans, at risk/high risk teens & young children with grief.
Animal assisted therapy with horses combines the positive emotional effects gained from the human/horse bond with opportunities to challenge and explore one's thoughts and internal struggles during activities with an equine partner. It is a therapeutic intervention that defeats the stigma often associated with traditional counseling, but more importantly, it is an intervention that works.
***Visitors and Volunteers Welcome! We do have a strict policy of keeping all visits to a scheduled appointment or meeting time. No walk-ins are allowed, this is for your safety, the safety of the horses and the farm. Thank you for understanding.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 15, 2021
- Mental Health
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Animal Therapy
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- What is available on a reliable schedule. Some may have 2 hours a week but if that is focused and productive, we are happy to accept the help.
- Self-starter, outgoing, researching/writing skills a plus.