1 person is interested
Development & Events Intern
Make-A-Wish (r) North Texas offers students an excellent way to gain real world experience in a challenging yet fun and rewarding work environment. Our chapter works with students, recent alumni and retirees year-round who want to dedicate 10 to 40 hours per week for our non-paid internship roles.
FOCUS OF THE INTERNSHIP:
Assist Development Team Leader(s) with efforts that contribute to raising funds for granting wishes, including donor database management (i.e., Raiser’s Edge CRM, Greater Giving), prospect research, event auction solicitation, gift processing/acknowledgement, etc.
- Research best practices with other Make-A-Wish Chapters and within nonprofits
- Opportunity to own/manage various internal events/activities - including but not limited to soliciting and picking up auction items, data entry, processing in-kind contribution, etc.
- Solicit in-kind or cash contributions from the community
- Assist in stewarding donors with thank you letters as assigned
- Support and attend special events and fundraising activities
- Assist in sponsorships and in-kind requests (both written and verbal)
- Coordinate closely with marketing team on social media, collateral, and web content to promote events
- Assist in developing eblasts and other online marketing materials
- Organize and audit development files
- Perform variety of other regular clerical & organizational tasks integral to the success of the Development Team
About Make-A-Wish Foundation North Texas - West Texas Regional Office
407 N. Big Spring, Suite 208, Midland, TX 79701, US
Since 1980, Make-A-Wish has been creating life-changing wish experiences for children with critical illnesses around the world. Wishes have proven physical and emotional benefits that can give children with critical illnesses a higher chance of survival. When a wish is granted, a child replaces fear with confidence, sadness with joy and anxiety with hope. Wishes even reunite families and enrich entire communities. Every eligible child needs a wish to count on!
Wishes are more than just a nice thing! A wish experience can be a game-changer for a child with a critical illness.
This one belief guides us in everything we do at Make-A-Wish (r). It inspires us to grant wishes that change the lives of the kids we serve. It compels us to be creative in exceeding the expectations of every wish kid. It drives us to make our donated resources go as far as possible.
Most of all, it's the founding principle of our vision to grant the wish of every eligible child.
407 N. Big Spring Suite 208Midland, TX 79701
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Data Entry
- Donor Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Intern must be able to work between 15-20 hours per week.